N Scale locomotive couplers [Arnold]

Guest Chrissaf

I am in dire need of engine couplers for two Uboat diesel n scale engines. Upon removing the shell, which calls for the removal first of the couplers from each end to install the DCC module, the couplers self fell apart. I have no way to reinstall the engine(s) shell. I have tried Micro Trains website but nothing is clear enough to ascertain the size of each coupler. i did buy some body mount couplers, but alas they were to wide. I would appreciate any information from anyone that knows of where and what to buy to replace these missing couplers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes I have Mico Trains couplers. Problem was the opening for each coupler was way too small. I had to file out a quite large opeing before the couplers would pass through. I didn't want to do this, but I have since done some major cutting and filing to make the Micro Trains coupler fit. 

@trainns

@4wd action

The U-boat is from 2015/16. Exactly what NEM standard would you expect the couplers on this model of a US N scale prototype to adhere to?

@Donsur

Hopefully you have managed to get the Microtrains coupler to operate successfully. If not, then an Accumate might work. I found this Arnold U25c/28c review quite interesting with coupler details part way through. It also mentions the challenges of removing the body and not losing the coupler springs!

There was also some discussion on this forum about the U25c in the past.

• 8 months later...

I have been around the world trying to find replacement couplers. No one can help and in some cases just didn't responed to my request for help. Ive been to the U.K. U.S.A. and China going to every place everyone has recommended and to no avail. I give up and going to simply trash the two locomotives. From now on I will only buy from companies that can provide customer support and Arnold is not one of them..  

I have been around the world trying to find replacement couplers. No one can help and in some cases just didn't responed to my request for help. Ive been to the U.K. U.S.A. and China going to every place everyone has recommended and to no avail. I give up and going to simply trash the two locomotives. From now on I will only buy from companies that can provide customer support and Arnold is not one of them..  

Hi Don,

Apologies you've struggled. I had confirmation our team in America did reply to your email of the 12th Oct. They advised this retailer should have the parts, they purchased the remaining spares from the USA warehouse earlier this year.

In case the email failed to reach you the contact details once more are:

R-M Discount Models may have the parts you seek. Ray Markel can be reached at 1.214.926.1538