ARC Pro Pit Lane

Seaside Malc

Hi to all! I've done a lot of research regarding this but can't find the answer....if there are 4 cars racing on a 2 lane track, and...for example, the weather turns to rain....all 4 cars will need to pit stop to change tyres....My question is...do you need a separate pit lane for every car racing....that is...4 cars...4 pit lanes? Or is it first come, first served on a single pit lane? Feeling confused.... thanks in advance, Malc, Blackpool.

Hi Malc - welcome to the forum!

You only need one pit lane, but ideally one long enough to hold four cars. A pack of single lane straights (C7016) does the job. I have seen some racers use a couple of pit lanes - one coming off each lane - but I prefer the realism of just one.

Hope that helps!

Yes, that's right. It does encourage strategy - pit early and get out first or go long and hope everyone has completed their stop. It works unless everyone else chooses the your strategy! 

If you have room, you can add a second lane in the pit lane. That needs a second pit entry and exit - and that does take up a lot of space!