Advice please

Ac112

Hi everyone 

I have just purchased an ARC pro sunset speedway Scalextric and need advice on 2 things.

one the box it says 2x 15v transformers but in the instruction only states 1.

i have just purchased a C4056 mclaren 720s police car and 2 C3711 monster trucks.

questions

do I need two transformers 

the police car and trucks only work on one track with one controller if I switch the digital to analog 

why is this?

thank you in advance 

Hi Ac112 - welcome to the forum!

I'll try and answer your questions...

1) Sunset Speedway comes with one power supply. This is sufficient for running three cars at the same time. To run four cars, you will probably need another power supply. For five or six cars you will definitely need that second power supply.

2) The two new cars will require a digital chip fitted to work in the same way as the three in the Sunset Speedway set. The police car is Digital Plug Ready, so you will be able fit a C8515 digital plug - either a new one or one swapped from one of the Sunset Speedway cars. The Monster Trucks are not Digital Plug Ready. They look as if they will be tricky to convert to digital, to be honest, and are probably best to run in analogue mode - one car per lane. Make sure you are using just the red and green controllers in analogue mode - they controller power to the lane rather than the car (as in digital) so need to try and connect the car, just put them on the lane, puller the trigger (red or green only) and go. Lane changing (including entry to the pit lane) does not function in analogue mode - pit stops are carried out by stopping in the middle of the powerbase straight, on the ARC PRO logo.

I hope that helps!