Advanced 6 car power base

roguejackal

Hi roguejackal - welcome to the forum!

The original screen is a old-fashioned LCD display and gives the powerbase limited functionality. You can pick up the original screens quite easily as most advanced powerbase users never use them. Try the 'Wanted' section on Slot Forum (worldwide), SlotRacer Online (UK) or Slot Car Illustrated (USA).

By far the best way to the use the C7042 advanced powerbase is to buy a 'USB cable for Scalextric C7042 6 car digital powerbase' (on ebay or via the RikoRocket website) to attach the powerbase to a Windows computer. You can then use various digital race management systems to bring your digital racing alive. I have used and enjoy Scalextric Sport Digital Console (SSDC) and Race Control System 64 (RCS64). Both programs have a 30 day fully-featured free trial. They will also help you update the powerbase firmware to the latest v1.09 version. The cable costs £30 and a software license about the same. That will give you a very nice piece of kit.

To use a monitor display on your race room wall, you will only need to attach the monitor to the computer via an HDMI or VGA cable.

I hope that helps.

Hi roguejackal - welcome to the forum!

The original screen is a old-fashioned LCD display and gives the powerbase limited functionality. You can pick up the original screens quite easily as most advanced powerbase users never use them. Try the 'Wanted' section on Slot Forum (worldwide), SlotRacer Online (UK) or Slot Car Illustrated (USA).

By far the best way to the use the C7042 advanced powerbase is to buy a 'USB cable for Scalextric C7042 6 car digital powerbase' (on ebay or via the RikoRocket website) to attach the powerbase to a Windows computer. You can then use various digital race management systems to bring your digital racing alive. I have used and enjoy Scalextric Sport Digital Console (SSDC) and Race Control System 64 (RCS64). Both programs have a 30 day fully-featured free trial. They will also help you update the powerbase firmware to the latest v1.09 version. The cable costs £30 and a software license about the same. That will give you a very nice piece of kit.

To use a monitor display on your race room wall, you will only need to attach the monitor to the computer via an HDMI or VGA cable.

I hope that helps.

many thanks for that I will get the lead I think.