Bofors emplacement added to diorama...

I'm indebted to Ratch for the advice and pictures that were posted in answer to my plea for information regarding colour of Bofors guns in the early years of the war, and on the back of the advice and information received, I've now completed the model! Fiddly little thing to build, but definitely adds to the diorama. 

/media/tinymce_upload/e86061f746b66c7e255fc7fd289a2b6d.jpg

The sandbags were homemade, using Milliput - rolled into 'logs' then flattened and chopped up with a knife and left to set, then built up using PVA. They were painted using mainly Sand Beige Vallejo.

The model itself was painted using Vallejo paints and the inevitable hairy stick. The next picture actually shows the most fiddly bit of the whole build - very, very carefully drilling out the muzzle of the gun barrel!

/media/tinymce_upload/c7d0013aa582bce83766dc0aca92ca9e.jpg

And now a view from a different angle:

/media/tinymce_upload/9882ffbb3942e377e4aac9cc2715de4f.jpg

Because Vallejo Air acrylics dry to a not totally matt finish, I sprayed the figures with matt varnish after initial painting, then painted the helmets separately. I used Vallejo Khaki Green for the battledress, and Khaki Brown for the gaiters.You can also see that I've chosen to support the gun on its jacks, with the axles rotated to raise the wheels off the ground.

And to finish off, an overhead view (which reminds me I need to put a bit of 'grass' on the base of the officer with the binoculars...):

/media/tinymce_upload/915290d423da154bb43fd8a6dc981fe9.jpg

Hope you like my efforts!