Jouef Hornby TGV couplings

Just received two new intermediate Jouef TGV Blue Duplex coaches to add to the Jouef TGV Blue Duplex 4 car set widely available now. One coach an intermediate 2nd class coach, the other a Bar coach. To my surprise these two coaches have couplings which are NOT compatible with those of the 4 car set !!!

Why have these coaches been produced for a train which they can't be coupled to ? The two coaches are in-fact different in length as well. With the number '2' missing off the second class coach door. At a cost of £98 this is not good !!

Cheers in advance for any replies (especially from Hornby).

Hi Trevor

Welcome to the forum.

When you mention above that the coaches are different lengths I suspect you have Jouef Junior TGV Duplex set HJ1061.

The Bar Coach HJ3005 and 2nd Class HJ 3004 are listed as complementary coaches for TGV Duplex set HJ2362. These are scale length coaches for the higher spec TGV Duplex which has been available as both AC and DC models and with DCC Sound. From the Service sheets I can see the couplings are different as they are not intended to run with the Junior sets.

I would suggest you either return them and explain you made a mistake when ordering them, or get HJ2362 to run them with. Be aware that the only version of HJ2362 currently in stock on the Hornby Webshop is the AC sound model.

Best of luck.