Revamp Airfix Classic range of 1/76 military vehicle models for the 21st Century !

Afrika

I have very fond memories of the 1960’s Airfix 1/72 aircraft and military vehicle models. I remember purchasing a kit at the local post office / corner shop and taking it to school to build during an afternoon ‘ Art ‘ lesson at the age of 10. All the class brought to school different Airfix models that they wanted to build . Those were the days !

I still build Airfix models now , but tend not to build them out of the box , I can’t resist detailing and modifying them as my reference library has grown a lot since my school days.

I think it would be really nice if Airfix revamped the 1/76 military vehicle range and maybe called it the ‘ New Classic’s Range ‘ . I think this would find a totally new following.

Just one request. Please do a 1/76 scale Panzer 3 Ausf G model to ‘ complement ‘ the release of the 1/35 Panzer 3 .

• 2 weeks later...

All for Airfix releasing the older kits in their classics collection as long as do replace those awful tracks!

To be honest though, I'd only be building them for nostalgia, (though I do prefer Matchbox!), since I tend to stick to 1/72.

That saying, I do like the more recent Airfix kits, especially the way they incorporate both a link and length and easy build system on the tracks. If they continue releasing kits like these, I'll continue to buy them.

• 2 weeks later...

For me, one of the mysteries of the hobby is that nobody else ever copied Matchbox in doing diorama bases. There is a still a strong following of Matchbox armour/soft skin kits and Revell keep it alive by steadily re-releasing the Matchbox tooled kits. I'm not sure what the OP means by revamping Airfix armour? A good slice of the old catalogue is still available and I think most of them have been re-released in fairly recent times. New kits in 1/76? It seems the Cromwell and King Tiger were that last offerings in 1/76 and the Sherman and Tiger I seems to be pointing a way forward in 1/72.