Spray Craft Airbrush

Wonder if anyone can assist me. Recently lurched the Spray Craft SP50K airbrush and tried it out last night. I can get it set up so that it sprays air but it is not spraying the liquid. I was testing using water so that I could a feel of how it works , best pressure etc but nothing was coming out, other than air. No blockages in the pot or the tube that I can see.

Also, as a newbie to this, when I did get the pressure to an amount that would come through, there seemed to be air leaking from the propellant can. Is this normal?

all assistance gratefully received

thanks in advance

From what I can gather you have a syphon feed airbrush (dip tube into a receptacle) with a propellant can. My own experience with this setup is that there is virtually zip chance of getting the airbrush to spray anything because there's insufficient flow rate/pressure delivered with a propellant can. If you're serious about getting into airbrushing, do yourself a favour and get a compressor, if you do an eBay or Amazon search for A186 compressors you should be able to get one for around, possibly under £100 and often the deal includes an airbrush or two. When it comes to airbrushes then gravity feed (top cup) are usually better, they're easier to work with and more economical with paint.