Heritage range.

The son of Triangman

In principle I would support you proposal SOT but would the build quality, handleability and life expectancy be the same as old Tri-ang. How many thousands of Tri-ang locos are still running today? How many modern can motored Hornby locos are already in land fill sites?

I would possibly buy the Hornby Dublo locos if they are made to the same standard as the originals or Wrenn copies, with a good home repairable motor fitted to a robust chassis.

Would any of today's Hornby Dublo beat the Old Distance record of 250 real miles non stop held by the Hornby Dublo Castle Class?

Hornby Dublo, Tri-ang Princess and Lord of the Isles, TT… when will the Big Big trains make a re-appearance? Fantastic fun for a young child I absolutely loved mine. We may even get to see the Triang Minic 10.25” gauge ride on trains if we wait long enough. I doubt they would outlast the originals though.

Hornby already have a great range of heritage models using the ex Lima designs and Lima can also trace its history, like Tri-ang, back to 1946. These, alongside a number of models based on Tri-ang and older Hornby models form the basis for the railroad range.

I think there can be a tendency to look back at old models through rose tinted glasses, and even then, you have to place them six feet away for many to reasonably resemble the prototype. I also understand that people find them easy to maintain, but that doesn't mean new models cannot be maintained and repaired. The only 'dead' locos I have are a Tri-ang Hornby Princess and a Wrenn R1. Could I get them running? Probably. Do I want to? No.

Only Hornby will know the demand for the Tri-ang repo sets and if any more appear in the range, then there must be a demand for that type of product.