Why so many suplicates when there are so many missing classics in 1.72?

Richard-368268

Hello dear people of the forum,

in 1,72 scale we now have

two Wellington Bombers, which appear to be identical apart from decals

two Mitchells which again appear to be more or less identical apart from decals

and two Mosquitoes, the first one is excellent for it has a bomb bay with bombs (unlike the Lancaster)

Why can't all bombers have bomb bays with bombs and a full air crew,

failing that why can't airfix release a generic heavy/light bomber aircrew for 1/72 that one can buy to place inside ones models, I'm sure it would do very well, three gunners, a pilot, navigator, bomb aimer lying down etc. You could even have different sets with differently posed figures, I'd buy loads and nobody makes them, so they would do very well on the market.

But we have all these duplicates but no,

Handley Page Halifax

no Short Stirling

no Armstrong Whitworth Whitley

no Marauder

no Liberator

I'm having to go to competitors (which I don't like to do), or pay through my ears to buy old models for nobody makes certain models anymore.

Airfix if you are listening please could you consider some of these ideas, especially heavy/medium bomber aircrew (in their in flight positions).

Also could we please get a Blackburn Shark

a Fairey Albacore

a Fairey Barracuda

a Fairey Gordon

and a Vickers Vilderbeest (yes I like my float and torpedo bombers)

also could you produce rocket packs for us to buy to add to our aircraft and bombs as well please, these are very hard to get hold of and usually come from abroad making them very expensive in the post.

Those are the things I think are lacking at the moment as a fan of Airfix and WW2 RAF planes. Not being able to buy bomber crew is a huge pain, rockets too and having so many doubles when well-loved aircraft aren't being sold is highly frustrating. Also bombers with no bombs in them. I realise nobody will probably listen to this, but if you do I think you would do rather well.

All the best

Richard

Handley Page Halifax

no Short Stirling

no Armstrong Whitworth Whitley

no Marauder

no Liberator

Airfix have produced kits of all these subjects over the years. When a company has been around as long as Airfix they cannot possibly keep every model in their catalogue year in, year out. If you stay around in the hobby, you will see that a kit may be available for 3 - 5 years and be withdrawn. This is to allow new kits into the range and old kits, sometimes with new markings, sometimes with new parts to make a different variant, to become re-available.

Lots of these you can still find on auction sites, although some folks expectations of prices can be extortionate.

also could you produce rocket packs for us to buy to add to our aircraft and bombs as well please, these are very hard to get hold of and usually come from abroad making them very expensive in the post.

Bombs come in the Bomber Re-supply Set (A05330)

51079303591_7b7c8b77f6_c.jpg

51421982331_44a15b821a_c.jpg