Decals, can they be applied face forwards?

Hi,

normally when one applies a decal you slide it off and fix the side that was attached to the card to the surface. This may be a daft question, but do they work just as well if you slide it off and apply the side that was not facing/stuck to the card to the surface? Are they equally adhesive and does the detailing stay the same if one uses this method?

It's just lots of decals for nose art are made for the left-hand side of the plane and I want two the same facing the front on either side, but they only make the ones I want facing forwards for the left-hand side of the fuselage. I was wondering if I bought another and slid it off, then applied the side that wasn't stuck to the card to the right-hand side of the fuselage, (so it would face the same way (forwards) as the one on the left-hand side) whether that would work.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, cheers,

Richard

Cheers Ratch,

I've managed to stick insignia letters the wrong way around by accident before and it looked the same (I was rubbish with decals when I first started, they kept on breaking or... well anything other than what I wanted, but I'm okayish now), thanks for your advice, I'll check it out, I guess the colours and detailing only works that way round. Thank you. I'll stick to the intended sides and make a fitting scheme some other way. Cheers, thanks for the help, all the best,

Richard :)