Fitting front bogie to Flying Scotsman

Hi all

When I lifted my Flying Scotsman from the track I found that the nut holding the front boggie had come off. I'm in the process of refitting it but it's so fiddly. Can anyone tell me the best way to fit it. Can I remove the bracket which the front boggie runs in? Alan

Yes you can. Unscrew the screw that holds to bogie bracket and pull forward to release it. Doing it it while in situ is virtually impossible. Getting the bogie screw back in is a bit fiddly but nowhere near as difficult as what you are trying to do. 

26 minutes ago, Alanburford9101 said:

Ok thanks. Thats what i will do. I dont dare to use excess force but does it release easily?

Alan

Yes it is either an M2 or M2.5 screw. Make sure you have the right headed screwdriver as they will be cheap Chinese screws but they come apart easily. If you lose the screw you can get decent replacement screws from Laptop Screws https://www.laptopscrewsdirect.com/ which are better screws. They should come out really easily, I quite often remove the front bogie bracket to make it easier to put in the screw that holds the body on.

Try a 'dry run' before the reassembly.

It should be a nice snug fit.  Many will have their modus operandi, but I have simply pushing into position, reassembled all fingers and thumbs, and gently screwed into position.  If it comes out now, you should be able to rotate the screw, with nut attached until it realigns.

Al.