Replacement steam types

rayarpino

Just for those who didn't know or haven't had the problem, I was complaining some time ago about the fragility of the steam pipes fitted under the side of the cabs on the unrebuilt WC and BoB models. It was a nice touch and thank you to Hornby for adding

this detail. But they are so flimsy and just asking to break unless you leave your engine in its box! I did make an attempt to reproduce the broken items (on three engines and I'm very careful) with copper wire but the least said the better....Then I was surfing

on fleabay the other day and came across a repro part made in pewter by Genesis kits. It's absolutely affordable, you only need to remove the remnants of the broken pies and superglue the repro in its place, painting it before or after.

I have often thought that there is a cottage industry out there purely for more robust detailing parts and upgrading parts for all locos. There are many people who make parts but it is just finding them, with a good website including photos. So does anyone

know where I can get Britannia windows for my older Brits??

Archived