1/48 Tiger Moth artwork question

john redman

On the front page of the site I was looking at what I guess is the box art for the 1/48 Tiger Moth, viz 1120-px-x-417-a04104a.webp%3Ffit=1

and I am wondering when it's set? 

The carrier on which the Moth appears to be landing onto has an angled deck. This and the yellow line are typical of these carriers, but from the 50s up to the early 60s. There is also what looks like a helo, either a Whirlwind or a Wessex I think, to starboard of the carrier. The Tiger Moth was never a carrier aircraft and would not still have been by the early 1960s. So, do we know what scene or incident this artwork depicts? Was there a time when a Moth landed on to an angle-decked carrier?

The scene depicts an actual event when a Tiger Moth was landed on a carrier. I believe it used the full length of the deck rather than the angled part and took place in the early to mid sixties.  

Thanks, that's good to know. I was dating it to the early 60s because that's the last date when I'm sure RN carriers had a yellow deck stripe. Later in the 60s they switched to a two-tone grey deck with a red stripe. So if this flight occurred in 1965, the stripes were still yellow that late. 

This unexpectedly helps with my HMS Victorious project, where I want to depict her in November 1963 but wasn't sure what colour deck stripe to use, i.e. whether she'd switched to red by then. 

Now if Airfix could release a 1/48 HMS Eagle we could do the diorama.