Class 08 Spare Pickups

moawkwrd

Does anyone know if spare pickups are available for the Class 08? I noticed that one arm has come detached somehow on my Blue 08 today. Doesn't look like Peters Spares stocks any Class 08 items.

It seems to manage okay with 5 but obviously not ideal. I doubt Hornby would help me out as it's heavily modified (previously DCC sound but now back to DC).

Edited by moawkwrd

I dropped one of my 08's, and broke a the nem pocket off. I rang and explained it was my own fault and asking if they could tell me how much the parts would be to send to me. They asked for me to email confirmation and pictures to see what I needed, and sent them to me  FOC, can't beat that for CS 😎

Edited by Too Tall
clarification
  • Like 4

Yes my 08 had an unfortunate collision with a floor due to my carelessness (can’t even blame the cat!) - one of the buffers was snapped off and they fixed that FOC - I was very grateful and it is one of the reasons I buy direct.

Edited by Moccasin
Spelling - Fixed not foxed!
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Postman On The Rails said:

Lucky you getting posts on Sunday 😝 

Might have been delivered yesterday, I sometimes forget to check the postbox.

Happy 08 running nicely over 3 points, one Hornby and two Peco. Think the Gaugemaster HF2 helps a lot. I could never get it running this nicely with DCC with the old set of pickups without the stayalive fitted.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, moawkwrd said:

Might have been delivered yesterday, I sometimes forget to check the postbox.

Happy 08 running nicely over 3 points, one Hornby and two Peco. Think the Gaugemaster HF2 helps a lot. I could never get it running this nicely with DCC with the old set of pickups without the stayalive fitted.

Looking good 

• 3 weeks later...

Had the same happen to me. Totally my fault, caught a pickup contact on something and it broke off. Explained that to Hornby, and said I'd be happy to pay for spare parts or repair. They just sent out a replacement pickup unit free of charge and now the Gronk is running happily again. Excellent customer service!

• Like 4