A couple of suggestions for the Collectors Club

Gary_Leeds

Just canvassing the masses before I send these ideas direct to Hornby CC. Maybe I'm the only one thinking the same thing.

I have been going back over the old issues of Collector trying to get the full set and noticed that a few years ago there was

always at least 1 loco that was special edition to collectors only and more often than not there were 4 or 5 advertised. Since the LSWR Terrier in 2011 there has been nothing and even that was available to non Collectors Club members if they wanted to pay

£25 more. Why cant we go back to having a nice selection of locos just for us? Not the play locos that are the annual ones but things like Pacific's and more modern locos in liveries and numbers not generally available like they used to do. Hornby could do

them say 25% off the RRP of a similar loco and still make more money than they would make selling them to retailers. Making them only available to members at one loco each would increase the membership base and also stop the situation that happened with the

Terrier of non members buying multiple locos, putting them on auction sites and making a killing (LSWR terriers go for between £100 and £120 now). Give us something to actually collect.

Also why not make the back issues of Collector available on a DVD

to download as PDF files or even create a mobile app where you could buy individual back issues for 69p each or all back issues for say £15. This would be free money to Hornby as they probably have them already in electronic format for publishing, allow newer

members to read the back issues without again having to source them else where (making Hornby no money). Again non members will see the app and it could lead to more members for Hornby. I would gladly pay a price to have all the issues on my iPad but am I

the only one?

Gary

• 2 weeks later...

Gary,

I have been thinking about this one and I agree with you.

I was prompted to join the Club so as I could buy the LSWR Green T9 No 120. I would like to see some more special editions exclusive to club members, and offer the following

suggestions.

1948 experimental liveries. (Apple Green BoB and Chocolate & Cream Maunsell carriages) ('Repton' with BR 'Sausage' Logo on tender)

Locomotives in unusual preservation liveries (Red 8F)

Locomotives with alternative names (A4s

with bird names usurped by LNER Directors)

Locomotives 'done up' for special trains or events (41101 in Daily Mirror Red, Yellow and Black livery)

If these were done as limited editions, only available to club members and the prices were commercially

acceptable but competetive, I feel it would boost membership considerably.

There are 2 special for the club this year.

One is a 7 plank wagon Frank Hornby "150th Anniversary", limited edition of 1000, available for pre-order now costing £5.00. http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/hornby-2013/hornby-2013-wagons.htm (scroll

right down to the bottom)

The second is a Class 67 DB Schenker "Diamond Jubilee", limited edition of 500, available for pre-order now costing £89.99 including postage. http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/hornby-2013/hornby-2013-diesel-locomotives.htm

(about half-way down).

Both of these will be in stock around early June, and are available for Pre-order now. I have already pre-ordered mine!

Hope this is of help to you all!

• 2 weeks later...
DMU mad said:

There are 2 special for the club this year.

One is a 7 plank wagon Frank Hornby "150th Anniversary", limited edition of 1000, available for pre-order now costing £5.00. http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/hornby-2013/hornby-2013-wagons.htm

(scroll right down to the bottom)

The second is a Class 67 DB Schenker "Diamond Jubilee", limited edition of 500, available for pre-order now costing £89.99 including postage. http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/hornby-2013/hornby-2013-diesel-locomotives.htm

(about half-way down).

Both of these will be in stock around early June, and are available for Pre-order now. I have already pre-ordered mine!

Hope this is of help to you all!

Generally speaking diesels don't interest me, so I

won't be taking this offer up. I'd have likes a steam choice as well.

The price of £139.99 is incorrect as I contacted the Collector Club and they gave me the correct price, which is £89.99. I would have thought that the models will be announced in the next issue of the magazine. When I contacted the club, they said that

the models had been released early, and it was the 3rd parties website that shouldn't have released the information. Anyway, works to our advantage, kind of! So that's that. Just to confirm, they are both due in early June.

Looking forward to the February

issue of the club magazine. Shouldn't be too long to wait now.

• 6 months later...

Sorry to bring this topic back up again, but the Horny CC have really annoyed me.

As you know, I preordered the Frank Hornby wagon, as did many of you back in January. Well, I called them recently and apparently they I never preordered it (so they

lost it). And to rub it in, they've completely sold out now!

Did those who preordered in January get theirs? Just curious.

Archived