Track maintenence stock

JLBA

Hi, i would also love hornby to do some of these, but as Bachm@nn are doing BOTH of these, it is unlikely hornby will do either very soon, maybe if the the Bachm@nn ones do very well hornby will see that they are wanted, and produce some i would like some

road to rail motorised jcb's ect....and track trollies, i think there is a huge gap in the market for p-way items, sure we have older 1960's items, but we don't have much other than locos and rolling stock for modern image, not many modern buildings from hornby,

also rail branded modern cars and vans and lorry's, i know we have corgi but maybe hornby should put some modernn corgi items in the hornby range....

Your right there is a massive gap in this market. Like you said rail JCBs and trollies would be mint. I love operating regular trains but p-way machines would offer lots more 'playability'! Especialy on smaller layouts.

Actualy the more I think about this the more I think this stuff will not be done!!!!! Retailers want to sell stuff......... there are more people wanting to buy 'trains' to run than there are people who used to want to run 'trains'...... Who have now moved

on and as well as 'play' with trains they want something a bit different!!!!!! A motorised JCB cant be much to ask for now, can it!!!!!!!!!!! Or sumat bigger like a weed-killer unit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There were snowploughs by a small producer on sale at the Eastleigh 150 open day the other year. The big BR independent ones.

On track machines seem to be more popular with HO European outline manufacturers. Someone will be making the big Windhof

rail cleaning units I believe, but no-one actually makes any of the earlier stuff, like the 1950s twin jib tracklayers, or a decent model of a self propelled steam permanent way crane.

Actually with a bit of imagination a 1950s weedkiller train is possible. It was made out of some used old tenders, with a old parcels van at one end and a brake van at the other. There was always one parked in Blackheath station (near Lewisham south London)

when I was a boy. The tenders were coupled so that the ends that attached to the locomotive faced each other, buffers outwards, and there were usually six of them. The Parcels van had windows added to the outer end, and a spray bar attached below the buffer

beam. The brake van was a standard SR 'pill box' brake van. All the vehicles were painted black, and lettered 'CCE Weedkiller Train'. Another train was also made up with old tenders but the old bodies were removed and cylindrical tanks substituted. Finally

a diesel era train consisted of two old bogie carriages with four or five water tanks (ex oil tankers) painted yellow. The outer carriage also had windows in the end and a spray bar underneath. I believe it was operated by Chipmans.

These suggestions

could be a good use of surplus rolling stock.

Archived