Maintence Train Pack

bocaj

Hi everyone,
I was thinking that Hornby Maybe could creat a Maintence Train pack with maybe the R6204 75 Tone Weatherd Breakdown Crane. The R296 Track Cleaning Coach and the R6004 Operating Crane Truck. Them Maybe the R2763 Hornby BRT Technical Services

Class 20 to pull the train. All of the rolling stock and the locomotive should be weathered to go with R6204. Maybe Hornby Could make three versions of the Train Pack, A DCC Ready version, a DCC Fitted Version and a DCC Sound Version.

Please Tell Me

your thoughts on this idea,

Jacob

Thanks for the reply The Son of Triangman. I agree with the Weathered option.
Maybe Hornby Should put the Normal Track maintence department instead of the Track cleaning one. That is if they do one, I'm sure I saw one in a model shop once. If they

don't, maybe they should make one to go in the Train pack. Or the one you recomended.

Thanks for the help,

Jacob

Speaking of Track Maintenece. When I saw a Steam Train at Normanton I saw a rather odd what looked like a maintence train go through on the other platform. It had big tanks of what might have been weed killer or track cleaning stuff which I think were

spraying stuff onto the track. One of these locomotives with the tanks which could somehow clean the tracks, maybe it could spray some track cleaning fluid onto the tracks and then have some kind of rubber which rubs the fluid into the tracks.

Interesting idea Jacob.

The Tri-ang R.344 Track Cleaning Car might be part of that answer, it had big weight inside and a lovely thick cleaning felt underneath, the felt passed through two slots in the weight inside and the top just unclipped.

You

could wet the felt with a cleaning chemical now outlawed, put the wagon behind a loco and it cleaned the track. I use IPA fluid for the felts now and replacement felts are available on a certain auction site at a high price alas.

It would be a good

item to return.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived