Problem with Mallard...Help

mikec27

Hello.

I have the Mallard train. When I warm up the train, the steam doesent come from the safety valve instead that the steam is coming out of the whistle, and the wheels are hard to move. What should I do. Can I fix it myself or I must send it

to the Hornby.

Are the Hornby stil reparing the live steam trains and witch addres is right to send the train?

Thanks for any answer....

Best regards from Slovenia.

Matic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Mike

28 days on and my reply might be too late if you have already sent it back to Hornby - but to save 2 international postages, it might not in fact be faulty.

Firstly, if the whistle starts going when you are steaming up then the

steam valve has been left in the wrong place. Flick the controller a few times. If the light goes green you've flicked the wrong way, flick the opposite way until the escaping steam stops, the red light will be on and it will soon get up to pressure.

Secondly

you say the wheels are difficult to move. If the loco is new or maybe run once it may be really stiff. It doesn't do any harm to push it along the track just to make sure all works but EVERY new loco should be run for 2 or 3 hours OR MORE on a rolling road

to get everything running smoothly before going onto an oval or layout. The first rolling road run might even need some help with a screwdriver in the spokes to persuade the wheels to move.

Do persist though, they are GREAT fun.

Adrian

mikec27 said:

Hello.

I have the Mallard train. When I warm up the train, the steam doesent come from the safety valve instead that the steam is coming out of the whistle, and the wheels are hard to move. What should I do. Can I fix it myself

or I must send it to the Hornby.

Are the Hornby stil reparing the live steam trains and witch addres is right to send the train?

Thanks for any answer....

Best regards from Slovenia.

Matic[/reply]

Hi Adrian.

Thanks for your tips, I allerdy try everithing that you tall me. But no success :(

So I send her to hornby for reparing, and they allredy repare it... :)

How did you pay them for reparing....

P.S. It cost me 25 pounds...NICE.

Thanks

Regards

Regards

Matic

• 4 weeks later...

Archived