HELP NEEDED

clive_smith

I purchased a large used digital layout to be able to entertain my five Grandson's. 

Having assembled this very impressive layout, which is on a 3m x 1.6m base, I am experiencing real problems in getting the car's  to run completely around the circuit. they keep stopping for no obvious reason.I have cleaned the track and checked the connections, I have also tested the current in each section of track which appear consistent. There is a six car powerbase with digital tower and two power supplies,twelve cars, a pitlane game, also a number of crossover tracks and elevated sections.

If there is an entusiast in the Cheshire area who could help me get this up and running I would really appreciate it. I would also appreciate any advice if you know how to resolve these problems. Any help would be much appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

I had that problem with a meclaren.  The way I fix it was by replasing the braid then it worked very well after that.  If you have a turn going up on the bridge like the Platinum set you should try to make the track even. If there is no voltage drop on the track then use these two methods.

• 2 months later...

In response to non working digital, i'm afraid i've experienced exactly the same problem, its the ultimate let down, my 12 year old son has walked away from Scalextric!

We set the track up every winter for approx.4-5 months if we've had 1 weeks good racing in 5 years its as much. We have cleaned the track constantly, replaced braids time after time, moved different pieces of track around to try and isolate duff track, bought extra booster cables to no avail. The best help was a friend suggesting surgical spirit !!!

I have to add that any problem solving has been done on utube, any cleaning products via ebay, Scalextric seem to think no problems ever occur !! why no videos by the manufacturers, why no problem solving products, why no after sales, customer service is no help.

Was Digital the future if so why is analogue still sold ?

I grew up with a sixties set that was fantastic, 40 yrs later and hundreds and hundreds of pounds spent on Digital I own a shadow of its former self

Archived