2016 and beyond

shenington pilot

• 2 months later...

I would like to see a H.P. Victor in 1/72 or 1/48 scale as the final V Bomber of the series. The kit would have potential for conversion to the Tanker role too. One of these kits being made would complete the set for Airfix too. The old Matchbox kit can be found sometimes but it is rare?

The old Matchbox Victor has been reissued by Revell but it is a pure Tanker variant. To convert to a B2 you will need a wire saw and Resin bits from Freightdog to replace the Bomb bay doors, wingtip extensions and B2 tail cone. Also no Blue Steel option and 1970s tooling. I would love to see new tooled Vulcan and Victor with bomb bay detailing options on a par with the Valiant and Lancaster.Thant said the old Vulcan rewards patience and investment in a good decal set.

I am a classic jets fan as well so Buccaneer, Canberra (B2/6 rather than the fighter canopy types with a T17 nose option as well), Jaguar, Tornado GR.1, Hunter, Sea Vixen and Javelin in 1/72 would all be appreciated. An RAF/FAA Phantom would be nice as well. Also what about the classic Mirages (3 and 4) and MiGs (15, 21 and 25) and maybe some classic Yank birds like the F-14, A-10, B-47, F-100, 104 and 106, S-3, P-2/3.

With the effort that has gone into the new tool 1/72 kits (Dornier and Defiant, for example), how difficult would it be to scale up to 1/48 without changing anything in the kit?

Clearly it is not the same as pantographing a 2D drawing, but presumably the hardest part (the CAD design) is done so it is "merely" a question of new moulds.

Archived