Club voucher delay

alan_whitlam

I have asked for a refund. I run a national association with around 800 member and respond to all emails within hours. At the start of the year, that can be an incredible amount. Add on to that the applications and renewals, sending out membership cards etc., and it's a hell of a job, but it gets done. This is a complete joke. 

What was their answer to this,I know you're within your rights,I'll give them another week before I ask for a refund,but wont be renewing again. 

I applied to join about a month ago, and haven't heard anything since either.. and now I've seen this thread, I'll give up holding my breath! :(

Still as someone else has pointed I don't think it's just the Club side of things that's struggling.. emailing customer service generally illicits no response.. Querying spare parts can be hit or miss as well, sometimes there's no response, sometimes there's no response and a few week later out of the blue the part you enquired about turns up in your mail, and sometimes there's a response stating it'll cost such and such for a spare part, or it'll cost such and such for postage... I've never quite figured out what actually illicits which type of response, it seem pretty random..lol

I have asked for a refund. I run a national association with around 800 member and respond to all emails within hours. At the start of the year, that can be an incredible amount. Add on to that the applications and renewals, sending out membership cards etc., and it's a hell of a job, but it gets done. This is a complete joke. 

What was their answer to this,I know you're within your rights,I'll give them another week before I ask for a refund,but wont be renewing again. 

I just keep getting the same pro forma emails telling me that stuff is being posted out this Friday. But my membership is online! I get the feeling that their online customer service is not UK based. 

And today I get an email telling me that I can download the latest magazine! Airfix, I don't want it. I want my money refunding. I want you to stop evading the issue and do what you told me you would do. I want no further contact from you, except for an email telling me that you have cancelled my membership of this club and given me my money back!

Well, another day with no contact.

I first asked for my membership to be cancelled on April 15th."Please cancel this membership and refund my payment."

Two days later, I got a reply from Tanya, telling me "Thank you for your email, as per my previous email there were issues which have been rectified and your pack will be with you at the end of April." but stating that "If you still wish to cancel your membership please let me know."

I responded within 17 minutes with "Yes, please cancel it."

Not heard a thing since, no replies to further emails when no reply was received, and no refund made. I'm guessing they are hoping that people will change their minds if the pack arrives.

I have never dealt with such shoddy business and customer service. Absolutely awful!

This will go down as a epic fail by Hornby a total PR disaster,dont think a lot of members will be renewing next year,Hornby could have easy released a statement saying their having problems processing memberships etc,could have done this on the website main page but no decided to keep quite etc treat members like idiots.

I tweeted Airfix, Hornby and Hornby PR today, asking about members packs. Within two minutes I got a reply saying 'they're being sent out this week. Be with everyone by the end of the month' #thewaitisalmostover!

fingers crossed, but not holding my breath!

I too have been waiting since I renewed my membership in January,  I have been repeatedly told that my membership pack would be with me in a few weeks etc...Ok they are obviously having massive problems with the new club, but surely they must have got some of the items done by now? For example the membership card, I am wheelchair bound and suffer from chronic pain, which makes it extremely difficult for me to attend modelling shows.  

I was able to attend a fairly local one today, and really could have used the 10% off from producing the membership card, but no out of luck as I have been waiting 4 months for the bloody thing! NOT a happy hamster. By the way when you complain about your membership problem, insist that they give you the missing months back on your membership, I did and have had my renewal date shifted to end of April next year instead of January! . Hope that this is of some use!

I think the way members have been treated by the club is totally unprofessional,totally kept in the dark,differant reasons as to the delay, once I get my voucher will use it,use all my flying hours then it will be goodby to the club,sure I won't be the only one reading other modelling forums.

I think the way members have been treated by the club is totally unprofessional,totally kept in the dark,differant reasons as to the delay, once I get my voucher will use it,use all my flying hours then it will be goodby to the club,sure I won't be the only one reading other modelling forums.

Hi Alan,

Ditto to all of the points raised here. Guess what?. Membership pack arrived today after 4 months wait. Renewal date shows  30 January 2016, and when I tried to redeem my voucher on line, the Code is "Invalid".!!

Give me strength. Have launched an email to Customer services, will update with outcome.

Eddie

Hi Alan,

Ditto to all of the points raised here. Guess what?. Membership pack arrived today after 4 months wait. Renewal date shows  30 January 2016, and when I tried to redeem my voucher on line, the Code is "Invalid".!!

Give me strength. Have launched an email to Customer services, will update with outcome.

Eddie

;-( it really is beyond a joke now. 

Hornby you really have shafted members this year,been normal pratice to include P&P  when sending out kits when joining/renewing now we have to pay for P&P so in thoery the voucher is only worth £15.00.

Its actually worse than that. This years kit is £16.99 so you loose £3.01 there, add on the £4.95 you have to pay for postage and its £7.95!!. Then you'll get the remaining £3.01 off your next club kit, but pay another £4.95 postage, so you loose another £1.94. So in effect your voucher is worth £10.10. And lets not forget that you used to get a £10 voucher for renewing which you don't get now, so your £20 voucher is worth 10p!!!!

Hornby you really have shafted members this year,been normal pratice to include P&P  when sending out kits when joining/renewing now we have to pay for P&P so in thoery the voucher is only worth £15.00.

Its actually worse than that. This years kit is £16.99 so you loose £3.01 there, add on the £4.95 you have to pay for postage and its £7.95!!. Then you'll get the remaining £3.01 off your next club kit, but pay another £4.95 postage, so you loose another £1.94. So in effect your voucher is worth £10.10. And lets not forget that you used to get a £10 voucher for renewing which you don't get now, so your £20 voucher is worth 10p!!!!

Good maths mate, I'm not saying no more on the subject,but next year I'll have a extra £20 or so to spend in my LMS

Well, I finally got my membership pack...........and its the wrong one 'cos its all about Hornby Trains!

Rang the Helpline who indeed confirmed that I had been registered for the wrong membership pack -doh!

The lady on the other end of the phone was very helpful and has re registered me as an airfix member, gave me my new membership and voucher number, but  I will need to wait yet another 28 days for my new pack ! she has promised to send me an Airfix passport in the post as I want to redeem some flying hours -we shall wait and see how long it takes to arrive....

What annoys me more than anything about the problems encountered is that Hornby have dedicated websites for airfix/hornby/scalextric etc, and the Airfix Modeller magazine yet they could not be bothered to put a simple statement in any of them to keep people informed. A few lines would have sufficed along the lines of "we are experiencing delays" etc or even just a simple apology. Instead they have effectively remained incommunicado and have now upset alot of existing and potential members by doing so. If I were in such a position knowing that I had regular customers I'm sure i would try my hardest to retain their loyalty. Most big companies I know would not allow the low standards of customer service that some of us have experienced, and as per my previous post Hornby have effectively shot themselves in the foot by doing so. This can be shown already by members of the forum who have already said they won't be renewing their subs, and that's only the people who have taken the trouble to write. Teething problems are understandable but a simple lack of communication/customer service is not. Is there a customer service manager in overall charge that we could write to, or perhaps even an MD? I know some might say that it is not worth it and vote with their feet but I think it could be worth letting those up high know how we feel?

Well, I finally got my membership pack...........and its the wrong one 'cos its all about Hornby Trains!

Rang the Helpline who indeed confirmed that I had been registered for the wrong membership pack -doh!

The lady on the other end of the phone was very helpful and has re registered me as an airfix member, gave me my new membership and voucher number, but  I will need to wait yet another 28 days for my new pack ! she has promised to send me an Airfix passport in the post as I want to redeem some flying hours -we shall wait and see how long it takes to arrive....

What annoys me more than anything about the problems encountered is that Hornby have dedicated websites for airfix/hornby/scalextric etc, and the Airfix Modeller magazine yet they could not be bothered to put a simple statement in any of them to keep people informed. A few lines would have sufficed along the lines of "we are experiencing delays" etc or even just a simple apology. Instead they have effectively remained incommunicado and have now upset alot of existing and potential members by doing so. If I were in such a position knowing that I had regular customers I'm sure i would try my hardest to retain their loyalty. Most big companies I know would not allow the low standards of customer service that some of us have experienced, and as per my previous post Hornby have effectively shot themselves in the foot by doing so. This can be shown already by members of the forum who have already said they won't be renewing their subs, and that's only the people who have taken the trouble to write. Teething problems are understandable but a simple lack of communication/customer service is not. Is there a customer service manager in overall charge that we could write to, or perhaps even an MD? I know some might say that it is not worth it and vote with their feet but I think it could be worth letting those up high know how we feel?

A three month wait for a pack isn't teething problems it's poor organisation/management,agree with all your points.

Damn, damn, damn! Got my pack today, all in order. Only had to wait a week longer than the 28 days, so not a patch on how long some of you guys were waiting! 

However, I made the mistake of not reading things properly! I didnt realise that the £20 voucher only applied to club exclusives. I was really looking forward to using the voucher towards the 1/48 lightning f3 release, could've put a pre order in. 

Oh, well, we live and learn, have to get a 1/48 spitfire instead! 

Im really miffed (insert your own harsher expletive here) that flying hours can't be used for series 09 kits! Why is that? 

• 1 month later...

Just renewed my membership as on-line only, so none of these postal delays applied. However the Meteor F.8 kit (which is what persuaded me to renew) was loaded incorrectly on the site at first and it wouldn't accept my voucher code. This has now been fixed.

You can avoid paying postage on your Airfix Club kit if you buy other things at the same time to get the value up to over £30 and thereby qualify for free postage. I've just done this with the club Meteor and some stuff from the Father's Day promotion which means I've ended up getting a very good deal.

Archived