B-17G Flying Fortress

133 Squadron

Kitstarter is not meant to bring back an old kit that will be competitive with new tools. Rather Kitstarter is to bring back memories of childhood. A look around the forum and one can see the suggestions for kits that have a modern equivalent. Phantoms, Spitfires, Fortresses, and more. We are not pursuing accuracy but we are looking for models that we have loved in the past. 

Kitstarter is not meant to bring back an old kit that will be competitive with new tools.

Really! I thought that was exactly what it was about. Not ressurrecting useless moulds that would do Airfix no favours.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

My local model shop had allot of these older kits where airfix had all the parts on a spruce with a single centre bar. Must have been some kind of a cost cutting measure, but it really did produce a generation of kits that did not fit properly. 

I am busy with a Blenheim of the same moulding era and it's not too bad.

"I think you have mis-interpreted the concept of Kitstarter."

If it's for the sake of nostalgia, then why not have the older kits on a separate listing and then mould on demand; or purchase a 3D printer system and do the same. Ie you can have what you want, but a premium for the individual kit is charged.

Archived