new items

Kevin Nunn

Hi great news first that this workbench section is now available and secondly that some new WW1 items are on the way.

My suggestion is to ask if any new vehicles or scaled down(up) of subjects are being considered yet?

once again great to see this section which i am sure prove very poplar lets hope ypu have time to contiune to develop the models!

Will Airfix be doing a 1/32 kit of the new Porsche 919 Hybrid endurance racing car, and/or the Audi R18 E-Tron Quattro, Toyota TS 040 - Hybrid, Lotus CLM P1/01, Nissan NISMO – GT-R LM Nismo, Bentley Speed 8, Peugeot 908, or ANY relatively modern LMP-1 cars? It seems the closest thing you have to any even remotely modern endurance/sports GT cars are the Aston Martin DBR9 and the practically vintage Jaguar XKRGT. Nice to see the Ford F3L/P69 is going to be reissued, but if Airfix is going to deal strictly with vintage endurance racers, why not re-release the Porsche 917 and Ferrari 250LM? And I have to say that even your least expensive fairly modern road car, the Mini Cooper S, is, at £12.99 ($USD20.00), pretty expensive for a static, low-detail kit in 1/32.

If it doesn't give away any intellectual property, I'd really like to see the process of building the 3D models for the kits.  I have some experience with 3D drafting, but I'd like to see the 3D kit development process in action.

Hi, love the new 1/72 scale BE2 due for release in January 2016, have to say that this is a straight scale to choose to do this in, wouldn't it been better in 1/48, a more demanding and popular scale with modeller's. Personally I don't really consider building 1/72  because of the lack of detail plus less chance for upgrades on the market but I do like the look of this and may add it to my collection.

With future subjects I really would love to see a Me262 produced in 1/24 scale, yes a 1/24 scale, airfix have made fantastic and iconic 1/24 scale aircraft I have pre-order the new mosquito releases in October.

It would be a great subject plus no other company has this out there and like the hawker tempest ( which I have) would keep Airfix on the top spot.

I realise that it would be impossible to satisfy all the modellers out there with regard to new kits but I do think the idea of a 1:24 me262 would fit in nicely with the other airfix kits. I used to build quite a few of the 1:600 ships and there has not been many of those released.

finally, as a nod to airfix history, what about a nice modern kit of a Harry Ferguson tractor? And as you have started down the road of figures again,(which I welcome and think it is a great idea.) you could do a couple of figures to accompany it as a separate kit ,as another manufacturer has done with the model T and Henry Ford. Scale could be 1:24 and the figures could be converted to add to aircraft diorama?

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting articles, thank you Airfix.  I guess there will be no more 'previews' until Telford - but let the speculation begin!

New tool subjects?  As a died-in-the-wool 1/72 aircraft builder I'd like to see a brand new DH.88 Comet racer to replace the current ancient Airfix kit.  And a new single-seat Hawker Hunter (any mark will do) to supplement the Swift.  Finally a pair of Jet Provosts - starting with the T3 or T4 perhaps?

And finally, how about a 1/72 Sea Vixen?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Now that we have a decent 1/48th scale of a late mark Meteor to compliment Tamiya's F.1&3, it would be nice to see the gap between the fifties and sixties of our air arms bridged with decent models in that scale of the then current equipment in service. The Vampire and Venom family, the Hunter and the mostly ignored Swift, in F.1&2 versions as well as the FR.5, the naval Sea Hawk and Scimitar, and the Chipmunk and piston-engined Provost trainers. Some were previously produced by foreign model companies and are now practically extinct! They would very nicely compliment Airfix's Sea Vixen, Buccaneer, Lightning, Canberra models of the sixties and also those up to the present.

• 1 month later...

Archived