Outdoor Garden Track - Stainless

EvadingGrid

I have an outdoor garden circuit, which is possible because another manufacturer uses Stainless Steel for the rails.

Please change the spec at the factory to use Stainless Steel . . .

This might sound odd, but houses are getting smaller and smaller, so for many people the only method to get a decent sized layout is to use the Garden. Trouble is Scalextic Track is currently made with mild steel, which rusts.

This small change to the spec of the track would open up a world of possibilities. As people move into smaller, and smaller houses it is the future for 1:32 scale tracks.

Well I already have a track in the garden, and it works fine because the rails are stainless steel.

It has been very cost effective, because of the space available I have a 26 foot, or 9 meters long layout with a very long straight and plenty of curves. An ordinary person would be very hard pushed to afford a house with a room that big.

• 1 month later...

I would imagine it would put the cost up quite a bit though. I'd never set one up in the garden or outside due to typical British weather. 

Its simple matter changing the specifications, another manufacter already uses stainless steel.

Lets face it, houses are getting smaller, so the long term future for 1:32 is outdoors.

Archived