Dad's Army (Home Guard) Kits

iloveairfix

this should also be in the wishlist section,but... where are the home guard kits?I think Airfix should bring some out. i'm wanting some home guard vehicles for a diorama. Airfix has already brought out the Bedford trucks. but, unless i do a bit of scratch building i would like some of the vehicles that they used especially Beaverette, the Humberette, the Dodge armoured car unofficially known as the "Malcolm Campbell" car. Even some conversion kits to convert some vehicles into home guard cars would be good. why does'nt Airfix do kits like this?? 

true, i can see what you mean, but i know that i would buy these kits. do you know any other brands that do kits like this? just would like to know, thanks.

I think the lack of mainstream interest tells its own story of how commerically viable other companies see kits like these - but never say never, who'd have thought we'd be getting two 1/35 kits of the Škoda PA-II Turtle this year!

I'm afraid for kits of things like the Beaverette and Humberette you'll be looking at whether one of the smaller niche companies have done them, most likely in resin. 

true, i can see what you mean, but i know that i would buy these kits. do you know any other brands that do kits like this? just would like to know, thanks.

I think the lack of mainstream interest tells its own story of how commerically viable other companies see kits like these - but never say never, who'd have thought we'd be getting two 1/35 kits of the Škoda PA-II Turtle this year!

I'm afraid for kits of things like the Beaverette and Humberette you'll be looking at whether one of the smaller niche companies have done them, most likely in resin. 

yeah, i will have to look around at some of these smaller companies, i know what you mean by the lack of mainstream interest. i'm trying to make a diorama at the moment and my idea was to feature a Beaverette or another vehicle like that on it with figures

thanks.

Archived