Elite Firmware 1.4

Murphyfp

No is the short answer.

They were promoting it a very long time ago now at one of the exhibitions, I spoke to Hornby C.S. and was told it "should" be available middle to end of August!

Well nearly Novemeber and still no sign.
They are

still heavily promoting it at exhibitions though, but when I asked to see it at Model Rail Live, none of the Elites they had were installed with V1.4 which is another telling factor.

I was told that the firmware V1.4 is ready, it's just the instructions

that are holding things up as these need to be written as there is a "radical" change in the user interface.

I phoned again a week or so ago and was told they "hope" it will be available before Christmas.
It's been heavily promoted for a long time

now which is a bit odd to me, surely start promoting it when it's ready for download or on the demo stands so people can see and play with it!
For the length of time it's been known and promoted about it's still not available so I wouldn't hold your breath

for it.
It will turn up maybe sometime, unless it goes the same way as the Access 1 IR handheld controller ;-)

Cheers

Ian

• 3 weeks later...
Well, a bit of an update.

I've heard that the firmware and now the instructions are ready.
So we are just waiting for the firmware to be available for download.

So looking back at the dates and how long it's been since it "should" of been

available I would say hopefully before Christmas, but more than likely in the new year.

It's very strange as this new firmware "should" make the Elite so much better which could mean more Christmas sales, so I would try and get it out as soon as possible.
There

again what do I know :-)

Cheers

Ian

Archived