Train-Tech Signal Issues - RM 1.63 onwards

@HRMS

An Example of what I am trying to say is...

• Open Schematic Layout Design
  • Right Click 4 points in turn to set the route, setting each to the Red or Green for the direction of travel for the Route being prepared. I gave this a temporary name - Route-1.
  • Next choose 4 @ 2 aspect Train-Tech signals and choosing Route-1 set the aspect choice Red or Green
  • I also chose a 3 aspect and a 4 aspect for this test
  • Save the layout and exit.

NOTE: the Route did not show up at this point, I had to close RM and restart it. After doing so the box appeared in the top right hand corner showing all routes prepared, in my case just the one, Route-1.

NEXT

• set all points and signals to the opposite of what was set in Route-1
  • Click on Route-1 to start to process

All Points changed as requested, they worked fine.

2 Aspect TT signals, failed to change on both the layout and the screen.

The 3 and 4 aspect signals changed as requested in the Route-1 as set.

As stated in the previous tests, all 3 and 4 aspect TT signals worked as they should, HRMS appear to have fixed all the bugs in these, the only bug I found carrying out these tests, on screen and on layout, was that the 2 aspect refuse to obey the commands given to change aspect.

Previous tests included...

• point commanding signal changes,
  • signals commanding points to change,
  • programs commanding signals (and points) to change

Finally we have this example routes requesting signals (and points) to change.

On screen and on layout results are the same in each case, 2 aspect signals are the only ones with this bug. Which means, although frustrating, many of the previous bugs have been fixed and we are down to this last one. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can confirm that I have the same issue with both routes and programs. When run, everything works except the Train-Tech 2 aspect signals which do not respond to the change commands. Had thought it was something I was doing wrong but clearly not! The signals work fine when clicked on individually from the track track plan.

Hi Chris (Surrey)

You are not doing anything wrong, thanks for confirming you also have the problem. Having said that, HRMS are aware; there have been a lot of issues with signalling, but to be fair they have fixed most of these now. I think we all hoped all bugs were cleared with the December update but we still have this one waiting to be fixed. HRMS confirm they are working on it, hopefully we will ge a fix soon. They are also working on the Route Indicators it would be nice to see these also then we can really play trains.  😎  (those of us with signals and RI's that is) 

If I may add, never think a problem is something you are doing wrong, we are all here to help each other. There is no such thing as a silly or stupid question, if in doubt ask, there will always be someone who can help. The other side of the coin here is, if we don't make know what might be an issue, how can it be fixed?

• 1 month later...

I have just bought 2 Train Tech DS3, a DS5 and a DS5HS and I'm beginning to wish I hadn't bothered. I have been using  random brand 2 aspect signals from China and a Train Tech decoder, which worked well and actually did programme in seconds. 

These pre built things though will not work. I set them up in Railmaster but they will not "learn". One of the 3 aspect signals changed from amber to red  on its own but nothing more seems to be happening.

I was under the impression these things were up and running in "seconds", my reason for buying them!

That is odd. If you are sure that you have followed the set-up directions correctly (they are not difficult I know, but I do feel the need to check with you) then I would suggest you contact Train-Tech directly. They do monitor this forum but may miss this post. I have two DS1's and they set-up flawlessly. R-

I found the biggest issue was getting my fat fingers under the lip of the base plate to touch the learning wires correctly - that and poor eyesight hindering it all. Glad you have got it sorted out. R-

• 4 months later...

@HRMS

I have today managed to get back to my trains! 

First thing to do was to download the lastest version of RM and hope, just hope, the 2 aspect signal issue has been fixed. Sadly it hasn't, almost three years since signals were added to RM, Train-Tech signals we were told were the easiest to set up, three and four aspect issues are sorted but the humble little 2 aspect, the simplest of the Train-Tech signals still has the same issues.

/media/tinymce_upload/dc5c78ab5e92ab99a2b53a8937754870.jpg

In the above image signals are positioned for locos exiting the station platforms, and going forward to signal 121 at the junction to the main line.

Sidings 5, 6 & 7 have 2 aspect Train-Tech signals

Siding 4 has a 3 aspect Train Tech Signal

Signal 121 at the branch to the main line is also a 3 aspect Train -Tech signal.

THE LASTEST TESTS WERE DONE IN 3 STAGES

1  - TESTING FROM SIGNALS

2 - TESTING FROM POINTS

3 - TESTING FROM A PROGRAM

TEST - 1 SIGNALS PROGRAMED TO SET ROUTES AND PROTECT OTHER SIDINGS

Set all signals to Green/Clear before testing

Loco leaving Platform 7 to go to signal 121 at the main line branch and stop

On clicking Signal 51 to Green/Clear, the signal is programmed to turn all other signals to Red (55,61,65,121)

It is also programmed to change points for the route from Platform 7 to the main line junction signal

RESULT - as before - Points change correctly, 3 aspect signals change Red, 2 aspect signals ignore the command

To save writing the procedure for each Platform signal I can confirm in all cases, points and 3 aspect signals changed correctly - in each case 2 aspect signals ignored the commands programmed into each platform signal. 

TEST - 2 CARRY OUT THE SAME PROCEDURE AS ABOVE BUT THIS TIME CHANGE SIGNALS AND POINTS FROM THE POINTS

Set all signals to Green/Clear before testing

Test each point to suit the route from the chosen platform to the signal at the main line branch

RESULT - ALL WORKED CORRECTLY

TEST - 3 CARRY OUT THE SAME FOR A LOCO LEAVING EACH PLATFORM SIDING TO THE MAIN LINE JUNCTION SIGNAL VIA A PROGRAM ROUTE

a - wait 3 seconds

b - change signals 51,55,61,65, 121 to Green

c - wait 3 seconds

d - change all signals mentioned above to Red

e - wait 3 seconds

f - change signals for chosen platform to Green

g - change points to suit the route 

RESULT - THEY ALL WORKED CORRECTLY.

THIS LEAVES US IN EXACTLY THE SAME POSITION WE WERE IN!

2 aspect Train-Tech signals NOT WORKING in signal programming. (TEST - 1 above)

But do work correctly in Point programming and in Program routes. (TESTS 2 & 3 above)

Thank you HRMS for replying to my email to you and for confirming you have seen and noted the above.

Thank you also for confirming you are working on RM 1.67 and hope to have this released before Christmas, hopefully with a fix for these long standing issues.

It is sincerely hoped that the signal issue will be found and corrected for the next update, in this calender year, we have been very patient and have spent a lot of time providing examples to help you, to direct you to the area the problem occurs, we understand you are very busy too, but three years is a long time to wait, as stated we have been extremely patient. 

Archived