More Cars ?

Cammy_Chan

Just bought a MIcroScalextric James Bond set the other week in a sale and have now bought some extra track. Thing is not many cars. See there are Bugatti Veyrons (Hypercars) & cars in other sets - so where can I buy more cars from and accessories (such as garages) that are in the bigger scalextric sets ?

Hi There,

The Micro sets are what are sometimes called H0 or HO size. There is no agreement on the exact scale but they range from 1/87 to 1/60.

Nevertheless the upshot is that you can use pretty much any accessories meant for H0 scale trains with the set, for example buildings, signs, billboards etc

I don't where you are located but the H0 scale slot car scene is much bigger in North America than in Europe or Asia.

In general, an brand slot car will work on the Micro set that is the same scale, however as with any scale, the magnetic force, tires, motors are all different and perform very differently.

Hi There,

The Micro sets are what are sometimes called H0 or HO size. There is no agreement on the exact scale but they range from 1/87 to 1/60.

Nevertheless the upshot is that you can use pretty much any accessories meant for H0 scale trains with the set, for example buildings, signs, billboards etc

I don't where you are located but the H0 scale slot car scene is much bigger in North America than in Europe or Asia.

In general, an brand slot car will work on the Micro set that is the same scale, however as with any scale, the magnetic force, tires, motors are all different and perform very differently.

• 3 years later...

Thanksa for the info but curious if Scalextric are releasing the other cars from their sets as individual car purchases, rather than having to buy the sets ?

I wanted the Batman and Superman cars, and found it was cheaper to buy the whole race set than just the cars. I also would like the Wacky Races Mean Machine, but guess I'm out of luck. 

Superman has been added to the single car range in the 2020 catalogue. Some retailers (for example, Jadlam Racing Models) have split cars from sets - I picked up the two Justice League set cars that way. There are three new road cars for 2020 - the Aston Martin DB5, Jaguar XF and Rasio C-20. All are set-only in the 2020 catalogue, but we'll have to wait and see if there are more individual cars in 2021. The six individually-packaged cars in the 2020 catalogue is already more than has been available from Micro Scalextric in the past 10-15 years. So good news!