DCC ready sets?

AD1877

Hi i'm new to the model railways and wanted to know if any of the following sets are DCC ready as some websites say they are and others say differently?

Blue rapier
Caledonian belle
Devon Flyer
Eurostar
Goods master diesel freight.

Thanks

in advance.

None of the above are DCC ready. The Eurostar 6 car train pack is DCC ready but the four car train set, as far as I am aware, is not. However, it may be possible that later batches of the Eurostar train set have the DCC ready version of the power car in

tham but you would have to open it up to be certain.
The Eurostar and blue rapier are very easy to convert to DCC as there is plenty of room inside the bodyto fit the chip and all of the wiring is easy to access with a soldeing iron. THe others are based

upon the Hornby O-4-0 chassis which is harder to convert, although Hornby do provide a good step-by-step set of instructions on how to go about it.

A 'DCC Ready' loco (or set) usually implies that the loco has a removable plug to which a DCC decoder can be attached. Howecer almost any DC loco can be converted to DCC. This will involve some practical knowledge of basic electrics and possibly soldering.

Lots of previous threads cover the conversion techniques. Try 'Search' for DCC conversion.

I just recently got the Rapier (cheaper set?), which

has no DCC ready connections or wiring, I have the DCC decoder unit, but since this is my first attempt to upgrade a locomotive to DCC I was wondering if there as a good comprehensive guide/instruction on how to upgrade this particular engine so I can get

confident with this procedure.
Removing the top cover, the only wiring it has in the main motor unit, is wires from the motor bogie to the front of the train where the LEDs are used to do the lighting. There is no other form of connection or cabling. Can

anyone help? or is there maybe a retailer who can do this modification easily.?

Ok, will do, just wondered if there was a specific step by step instruction for that particular train or even a schematic

on the mod.

Archived