E2 class needed.

E2 32108

I certainly don't. The E2 has been around for years - there are lots more classes of locos which haven't been done at all.

The NER hasn't had anything until the Q6 this year, the L&Y likewise plus the LNWR. Also the railways north of Hadrians wall have nothing, those lines may as well not exist so far as Hornby or Bachmann are comcerned.

Lets have something from the railways which have been ignored!!

I hate to do this, but I agree with PP.  There were just 10 E2s and they operated in very limited places (Southampton Docks, South London, and Dover) .  They were not a particularly distinguished type either, and much less will known than GWR 57xx Panniers, LMSR Fowler 3F tanks, or LNER J50 which were their equivalents.  The E1 would have been a better choice for a LB&SCR shunting loco, there were more of them, they also went to the Isle of Wight, and some were adapted to the E1/R for banking at Exeter.  There are still plenty of Southern classes that really come above the E2 in the priority list.  A 'U' Mogul and a Maunsell 4-4-0 for starters.

Now Hornby has announced the 'H' the other regions do now need a turn.  Something from Scotland, a GNoSR class V 4-4-0 perhaps?

There are plenty to go for, the big pre-Grouping companies like the LN&WR and NER are still badly under represented. The GWR has done fairly well of late with a variety of new Panniers, big freight tank engines and a whole plethora of 4-4-0s and 4-6-0s, with more to come. There are less pre-Grouping GWR types, but like the LMS a lot of these were swept away after Grouping by large classes of standard types.

We have had our fill of LS&WR types and even the GER is doing fairly well, although an N7 would fill a hole.  We have been swamped with examples of every main line diesel type, and even electric locos are now being catered for (slowly), although not all from Hornby of course.  There are still far too many LNER Pacifics (IMHO).

So I am sorry I cannot support a call for a new E2.

Hi LC&DR

Quote: Now Hornby has announced the 'H' the other regions do now need a turn.  Something from Scotland, a GNoSR class V 4-4-0 perhaps?

Would that just happen to be the class some of which also ran on the SE&CR -  the line that you favour? You're right that the Gresley Pacifics are being 'done to death' but you can also say the same about the Bulleids!

Quote "Would that just happen to be the class some of which also ran on the SE&CR -  the line that you favour?" --- You  spotted my small subterfuge! 😉

I would not disagree with the statement regarding ALL Pacifics, and GW 4-6-0s as well.  However I expect I my position in this matter will be untenable!

At the top of my wish list, after the very welcome announcement about the 'H' Class, is Billinton's LBSCR 'K' Class 2-6-0, a very handsome, successful and long-lived design of engine. I believe there were only 17 in the class, but with numerous liveries possible, including LBSC, SR and BR(S), and a number of livery variations within each of those periods, there should be more than sufficient demand and prototype options available to recover their development cost and make an excellent return on investment.

Hi LC&DR

"Would that just happen to be the class some of which also ran on the SE&CR -  the line that you favour?" --- You  spotted my small subterfuge! 😉

I'm not as daft as WTD looks!!

!I would not disagree with the statement regarding ALL Pacifics, and GW 4-6-0s as well.  However I expect I my position in this matter will be untenable!

Don't worry - we can sink together!!!

Archived