German control tower

nmcabecadas

• 4 weeks later...

That looks superb, well done and thanks for sharing that. Love to read a break-down of the build as to how you did this model.

Agree with the comments above that it's a good project for Airfix as they already have a RAF  tower a Luftwaffer one, I'm sure would only leave leave burn marks on the shelves as customers snatched them up, I know I'd get some if they ever made their way to SA might even bite the built and order one for them to post to SA. Whilest on the subject Airfix do airfield supply sets for the US and RAF plus several other RAF vehicle sets, Now if only they could manage a Luftwaffer airfield set, Airfix already have the Opel Blitz truck that could be converted to a tanker and or a crew bus add a few Kittergrads and VW jeeps maybe a bomb or maintainance trolly or two and you're there. Maybe something to think about for 2018?

Remember we do this for fun     John the Pom

Remember we do this for fun

• 4 months later...

Sorry for not replying before, but didn't noticed the replies...

I do hope Airfix do something like this and a set with German vehicles suitable to be placed in a airfield. The Luftwaffe airfield set is a nice start and have a bonus PAK 40 with little use for the intended scenario. In these small airfields with fighter planes, most likely the aircraft will be resuplied using manual pumps and barrels, not by the more expensive tanker truck who are mostly in the larger airfields with bombers.

This control tower is part of a bigger and still unfinhish project, with a large hangar and a couple support buildings, one of them can be seen together with a Airfix Bf 109E:

/media/tinymce_upload/15dbe4763b5109c9cd743b9efb092b37.jpg

The hangar is still being build and after finish, I need a very large suitable base. Some steps had been made after this picture, however it can help to understand how large is the hangar by comparing with a 1/72 FW 190A.

/media/tinymce_upload/7befe9b63ffba9ec8d2847a33c62f030.jpg

My main problem now is basing the whole set and adding some figures and vehicles  😀

Archived