Plymouth Scalextric Club

graeme_bickford

Having waited soooooo long for a Slot Car Club to start up in town, Scalextric has inspired me to get up off my bum and do it myself. I have got some mates interested and we are going to meet over the holiday season (in a pub probably) to try and iron out some more detail and identify a suitable/affordable venue where we can meet up, build up a circuit/circuits and start racing.

Anyone interested in the Plymouth area, contact me through here.

Good luck to you and your mates. Will it be analogue or digital I wonder.

Remember with digital most modern cars are DPR (digital plug ready) so once you have a chip you can transfer it from one car to another. There being three chips about, two for DPR cars saloon type and F! type. The last chip being for converting older cars so you can't easily mover it about , in fact once fitted best left on the car it is fitted to.

I have done a couple of caterhams with digital chips and they are a tight fit, so if you ever look at what space you have look at a cateham first. Due to proximity to the motor I would not race them in endurance type racing in case they get too hot! But so far no problems.

With ARC Air you get the freedom of cables with analogue cars and of course the improved race control software that brings Scalextric more up to date.

Archived