Railmaster Function Limits?

johnbet

I have most of the TTS locos and Railmaster copes adequately with the number of functions available.

I note thought that when using a decoder from another supplier there are limitations.

The Loco control panel has a total of 25 possible 'commands' being F0 through to F24

The Loco Information/Set-up panel includes 26 possible settings being F0 through to F25

An ESU decoder for example has 29 possible command settings being F0 through to F28

At some point it would be useful to have commonality and it appears it is only a matter of adding a bit of code to the railmaster programme as the spaces for the ''boxes' is already there.

Does anyone have any work arounds for this?

AFAIK there is no RM workaround to access F26, F27 & F28

As you say, there is space on the throttle for F26 to F28. They may possibly be added in a later release as a feature update. If not there already, you could add the request to the "RailMaster Desirable Features" thread.

• 1 year later...

Another 15 months have passed and F25 is still the limit. Until recently that has not been too much of an issue with only sounds such as station announcements being allocated to F26 and above. But I now have a couple of decoders with the volume controls on F27 and F28. It is unrealistic to have to resort to changing CVs every time I want to adjust the volume. I don't know if in fact this has been added to the desirable features list or if anybody from HRMS has seen fit to comment. A search doesn't seem to find anything relevant - not even this thread.

I couldn't find "adding F26 to F28" in the RM Desirable Features thread, so I have just added it myself.

PS - I found this thread OK using the forum search function.

The lack of all functions on the expanded throttle is becoming a pest as the TTS MN has extra whistles at the top end of the function range. The standard is 29 functions (F0 to F28) so why they write a product to support less is beyond me.

As stated the code change is simple, just a case of altering a couple of lines. I would show an example of how its done in xml but posting code is not allowed - Unless I did it as a picture.

Rob

Archived