RAILMASTER PRO SET UP

tomcat

Hi all,

Im new to this so please bear with me.Ive got & installed railmaster (after i bit of messing around) some time ago & have been running my layout ok.Ive recently got some 4 aspect signals & have been informed that i need railmaster pro for them to work correctly (info supplied by the internet).i have payed for the "pro pack" & got an email with the code in it & now for my question...WHERE & HOW do i download the pro program to be able to put the code in.I know im probably missing something obvious but im cant figure it out,ive tried hornby & it only has the main railmaster software not the pro...what am i missing here?

Many thanks in advance

Tom

Welcome to the forum Tom,

Your are quite correct four aspect signals by Train-Tech need RailMaster ProPack for enhanced support. I am assuming you have purchased Train Tech signal products (you didn't say).

The ProPack edition is not a different version of RailMaster. It is a within application upgrade to the existing application. That is why you cannot find a download link for it, as you have it installed already. It just hasn't been enabled (activated) yet.

Note: The standard version of RailMaster needs to be a fully activated (not an evaluation copy) version first, before the ProPack activation code will be accepted. In your case Tom, this should already be done. In other words there are two activation key processes that need to be completed to get RailMaster ProPack functional. Or put yet another way, you can't just enter the ProPack activation code into the RailMaster evaluation copy version, it won't be accepted.

In your current installed version of RailMaster click the 'System Settings' icon (top navigation bar, COG icon far left). Then open the 'Loco Detection' TAB. On that tab you will find the fields where you enter your ProPack Activation Key you were given in your ProPack purchase confirmation mail. Once entered and accepted, close RailMaster down and restart it. It should then start up showing the ProPack splash screen.

Note: After upgrading to ProPack your 'points setting on start up' may stop working or give error messages. This is because, ProPack handles 'points setting on start up' differently to the RM Standard edition. To correct this, you will need to go into your track design in 'design mode' right click each point operating icon in turn and set a 'start up' order for each point in the right click pop-up box.

Do keep a record of your ProPack Activation Key mail this is very important. For some inexplicable reason the last two characters have been reported to not display in the RailMaster application once upgraded to the ProPack version. Thus, should you need to request reactivation say due to a PC problem, then you can't rely on what is displayed in the application to be accurate as the last two characters have been reported to be missing from those displayed.

There are users (experts) on here using Train Tech signals with ProPack. So if you have any questions regarding setting them up, please ask in the this forum 'RailMaster & TrackMaster' section. Search the forum for "Train Tech" and you should find many posts.

If you do ask further questions on Train Tech signals please specify what Train Tech signal models you have purchased. For example, signals from the DS range or SS range. They each have different capabilities withing RM. The DS range are fully controlled by RM, whilst the SS range are autonomous, with only override capabilities within RM.

Hi Tom and welcome to the Forum

There is no new program to load, you just have to enter your code into the relevant box (System Settings and then Loco Detection tab) and then the Pro Features are unlocked.

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you sooo much Chrissaf & RDS  !!!!! Ive done as you both have said & ive just launched the pro pack!! The code is written down & safely stored.If you could help me further it would save me a whole lot of head lot of headaces,How do i program the the train tech DS5 4 ASPECT SIGNAL using the propack version?

Many thanks once again,

Tom

As I said in my main reply. There are experts on here that can help. To ensure the maximum visibility of your question to them to allow them to respond. I suggest you start a brand new topic in THIS forum section with a suitable title, such as: "How do I configure Train Tech DS5 signals in RM?".

By making your question a dedicated topic thread rather than an off topic digression to this thread, you will hopefully get the relevant experts to see it and get tailored replies. Neither RDS (AFAIK) or I use Train Tech signals, thus we are not the best contributors to ask.

In general and as a 'rule of thumb' each time you ask a question about a different subject, it is always best to start a new topic with an appropriate topic title.

But please be aware, that what you are asking is a very broad brush question and potentially has a large number of 'what if' dependencies and 'it depends' caveats. I would imagine that setting them up from scratch requires a lot of actions to be performed. I don't believe these DS signals are particularly 'plug n play'. Thus to answer your question totally and fully, would require the responder to virtually replicate the Train Tech DS manual. Please do not be offended if they request you to try doing it for yourself first, if only to understand what might be confusing you from completing the task. It is easier for the experts to answer specific questions about certain procedures, particularly if you can demonstrate that you have at least tried and have just got stuck and need just that additional bit of assistance.

PS - I believe that within RM ProPack, if you search the inbuilt pre-installed 'Track Plans' you will find one that has already been configured by Hornby with Train Tech DS signals as an example test and training track plan. If you find and load this example track plan, then you can right click the signals on the plan and look at the configuration settings. This may help you to focus your questions more effectively. It may even allow you to complete the configuration tasks for your own signals without further assistance being needed.

You are right Chrissaf, I have no signals (or any other scenery etc for that matter, just a few 1:76 scale cars to represent mine or my families past)

@tomcat - That is a good point that Chrissaf has made regarding you opening a new Thread, dedicated to your Traintech signals question for the reasons he gave.

• 1 year later...

Thank you sooo much Chrissaf & RDS  !!!!! Ive done as you both have said & ive just launched the pro pack!! The code is written down & safely stored.If you could help me further it would save me a whole lot of head lot of headaces,How do i program the the train tech DS5 4 ASPECT SIGNAL using the propack version?

Many thanks once again,

Tom

Hello Tom,

My apologies for not replying to your question sooner - I saw it for the first time today.

Just in case you don't have a solution yet, I'll try to answer it now...

You need to go into the layout designer and right-click on the icon for your 4-aspect signal. Here is the configuration of one of my signals...

/media/tinymce_upload/3a5728eb052f706a59eb1633915d3ccd.png

Next you should to put the signal into "learn mode" as described in the Traintech manual. Then you need to press the red test button in the signal's configuration window as shown above. This will allocate two consecutive addresses to the signal, in my example 202 & 203, which are used to switch between red/green and yellow/double yellow respectively.

Ray

Hello Tom,

My apologies for not replying to your question sooner - I saw it for the first time today.

Ray,

Had you noticed that Tom's question was dated Dec 2016 and not Dec 2017 .....I think your offer of apologies for responding late are a bit belated. 😉

The reason the thread resurfaced from 13 months ago was because Ian high-jacked it for an unrelated question. I moved Ian's question to its own topic leaving my redirection reply behind to bring the move to Ian's attention. I'll leave your reply here for prosperity should somebody else find this thread in the future looking for an answer to the same question. My redirection reply will also be removed in due course once I have any evidence that Ian has found his relocated post. I will also remove this one at the same time if appropriate.

PS - I do like the idea that you can use the 'red test button' to set the address in ProPack. Not being a ProPack user, that was a feature that I hadn't thought of. Certainly a bit of 'out of the box lateral thinking' on your part and something I will try and file away in my memory for future use, so thank you for posting it.

Oops,

No I hadn't noticed the date. I wonder if he still looks at the Forum  ☹️

Actually, the red test button method is the HRMS recommended way to do it. If the green button is used on the main layout (outside of the layout designer), it can give the signal a sort of reverse polarity, which messes up the aspect changing sequence in RM. They introduced this a while back, but I don't think it is documented anywhere in the user guide. If you press the green test button by mistake (while in the layout designer), it displays a warning message and asks you to use the red button.

Ray

Archived