Got the cars, now need ther track - help.

Wolrab

Hi, i bought the Special Edition 1964 ATCC Mini Coopers (C3586A) cars. Alas small detail i missed is that they don't come with any track, just cars. Oops a daisy - that's not what i first said to be honest. So now i need to buy some track. Pressure's on as this is a gift for my boys 4th birthday in two days time. So i reckon i'm just going to buy a 'set' i.e cars and track (which is of course what i tried to do in the first place) and keep these Mini Coopers - they do look pretty good.

What i could do with is advice on which sets will work with my - sorry, my boys, recently acquired Mini Coopers? Do i have to buy 'Standard' or 'Micro' - or will they run on both tracks?

Secondly, any recommendations on which particular set to buy? The Micro sets seem to offer limiters on the throttles which i assume means you can slow the cars down to help keep them on the track, a bonus if you are 4 years old.

Any guidance appreciated.

You have a standard set of cars (1/32):

https://www.scalextric.com/uk-en/our-ranges-explained

If it does not say Mirco it is standard.

All newer Sport sets have either the speed adjustable handles or ARC AIR which allows for adjustments in the APP.

I personally like the Continental Cars set C1319 . Here is a short review

(I have no  affiliation with this guy... I just liked the review...

The set has super long straights and 90° R2 radius curves for fast setup.

I would not use "Classic" Scalextric track as it has a shallower slot and tends to be rusty and bent.

I also recommend getting guard rails (ones that attach directly to the track without borders). This lets kids get used to racing on the outside and also keeps cars from getting too damaged. You can use Hornby guard rails for Classic track, or SCX (the have the same height). You can always add borders later.

Check here

https://www.scalextric.com/uk-en/support/help

and come back if you have more Qs

Archived