Birthday and scalextric but which?

Patriotk11

Seriously though, what kind of racer are you?

Will there mostly only be 2 of you? Or do you want digital for up to 6 racers?

Are you into Formula 1, GT, Touring Car?

Take me for example: I wanted to have fun with my kids so my criteria are:

Zero hassle

Fast set up time (we can't have a permanent track)

Maximum fun (with a bit of realistic racing, i.e. lap counting and times)

So we have an ARC AIR set up and a bunch of track I pieced together from sets like the Continental Cars C1319 which has 90° R2 radius curves and the super long straights.

We ultimately chose ARC AIR because of the wireless controllers (a Godsend with kids, you can also make circuit go 360° around you), the rumble (when the car needs to pit the controllers rumble and give the kids an indication that an action is required), and all the race features it allows.

I also made sure I had borders or guard rails everywhere to limit damage and reduce time searching for cars.

So while you can get 50 GBP worth of cars and tracks for a simple set up my personal opinion is regardless of what type racer you are without reliable lap counting it will get boring pretty fast.

No borders or guardrails means frustration can creep in with searching for cars or cars being damaged.

What cars you race is pretty much a matter of choice... street, GT, touring F1....

Cool

I have quite a bit of track consisting of a crash n bash set a continental set and let mans set.   I like easy quick setups generally and have a lap counter with lap times.  The kids get involved but crash a lot.  I like cars that are minimal hassle but fast and look cool.  I really enjoy the le mans style cars but to be honest the aren't the best on cornering as they slip off easy and they break quite easy.  

The gt40 is fast and generally stays on track but is a bit boring to look at.  

I also now have a challenger set to race myself lol

Archived