1/72 or 1/76 Drivers?

KC8

Someone in their employment who can competently sculpt figures.

Seems rather strange that the most well know model kit provider can no longer employ someone to sculp/design figures. Airfix shooting themselves in the foot I feel as companies such as Plastic Soldier Company have no troubles in this area.

Just looking at the Airfix shop shows how woeful the 1/72 & 1/76 range has become. If I want to build an Airfix military vehicle kit I now have to turn to ebay and the likes.

I think I'd have to disagree with that Airfix are quite capable of producing figures:

https://www.airfix.com/uk-en/shop/figures/world-war-2/wwii-raf-ground-crew.html

Albeit in 1/48 scale... but I think its quite normal these days not to produce crews, though I think is a shame since Airfix is synonymous with small scale figures for many collectors....

However Dan Taylor Modelworks do sets of WW2 British Army Drivers for men and women... if you need them 😉

• 3 months later...

At a model railway exhibition I did see a demonstration of someone that could scan a person and 3D print them in OO (1:76) so it was possible to commision a miniture "you" to drive your railway locos. Sadly I did not pick up their business card

• 1 month later...

Archived