RAILMASTER UPDATE

David55

Yes, I just got this. It's an automatic update.

In the release notes it tells you how to change the tortoise and hare buttons if you don't like them. Just add the line "Classic Buttons=1" to the railmaster.ini file and save it.

I prefer them.

Makes them stand out when controlling lots of locos like I do.

Thanks for that. Was going to download the railmaster instruction manual but this does not seem to have been updated.

What changes have

we got on this update?

I have the latest manual 1.30 and there's a file "Release notes" that contains this:-

Hornby RailMaster 1.30 Release Notes - November 2011
=============================================
The latest release of RailMaster contiues to add new functionality

and enhance the existing software to make processes even easier to carry out.

Some of the latest updates include:-

● Various minor bug fixes and enhancements - Maintenance Release

● When changing the default plan in design mode it is now

reloaded automatically, saving having to close RailMaster down and restart it

● When changing the start-up plan in Settings it is now loaded immediately, saving having to restart RailMaster

● When pressing the quick route-setting functions these

are now recorded as individual steps when recording rather than being ignored

● In design mode you can now move the point/signal settings box around the window

● In design mode you can now move the loco detection settings box around the window

Networking of PCs: RailMaster now supports up to eight additional PCs running the software linking to a Master Terminal (the one with the DCC controller connected) to allow better control of larger layouts by allowing operators to control certain parts of

the layout as well as their own fleet of locos. Access to point and loco controlled can be selectively denied on slave PCs.

● The polarity of points and signals can now be reversed in design mode, saving having to swap wires around

● A new function

has been added to the CVs window to allow the writing of 4 digit (actually IDs above 99) loco addresses in one operation

● In the large loco controller pop-up window you can now directly select a loco by its ID by just tapping on the ID box and keying

in the ID

● When updating route settings on the main screen flashing of the blue direction indicators has been reduced (this was only apparent on very slow, older PCs or low-powered netbook type PCs)

● When test-running programs in the programming

window flashing program lines has been reduced (this was only apparent on very slow, older PCs or low-powered netbook type PCs)

● The PDF guides have been updated for all of the above

● You can now press the delete keyboard key to remove track

elements in design mode

● You can suppress the confirm delete message in dialog mode (RailMaster.ini file)

● The bottom clock/logo area is reduced so that the track plan, control area is now larger

● Support for up to 26 loco functions

(requires version 1.4 Elite firmware update)

● Scrollable (by dragging vertically) loco function buttons in pop-up loco controller to show up to 26 loco functions on-screen

● Operating screen facelift: larger buttons for easier touch-screen operation,

graphical buttons. If you prefer the original look of loco control buttons you can edit the railmaster.ini file in the program files, railmaster folder with the line "Classic Buttons=1".

● Select button (locos list) now enabled no matter how few locos

are installed

● The RailMaster clock can now be set to any time desired (double-click on it and type in the time)

● The RailMaster clock can be set to run at scale speed or normal speed (e.g. OO gauge, 76 times faster)

● New floating programmable

keys function allowing single click selection of locos, setting routes and playing sound files. Accessed by double-clicking the Hornby logo at the bottom of the screen.

● Improved handling of KPH speeds for continental modellers including entry of own

loco speed factors in KPH

● Up to 100 programs can be set to run at a specific time (new button to the left of clock)

● Design grid row and column numbers to aid overall positioning of elements

● All Hornby Collectors Club locos added

going back to 1998

[reply]LMSTim said:

I have the latest manual 1.30 and there's a file "Release notes" that contains this:-

Hornby RailMaster 1.30 Release Notes - November 2011
=============================================
The latest release of RailMaster

contiues to add new functionality and enhance the existing software to make processes even easier to carry out.

Some of the latest updates include:-

● Various minor bug fixes and enhancements - Maintenance Release

● When changing the default

plan in design mode it is now reloaded automatically, saving having to close RailMaster down and restart it

● When changing the start-up plan in Settings it is now loaded immediately, saving having to restart RailMaster

● When pressing the quick

route-setting functions these are now recorded as individual steps when recording rather than being ignored

● In design mode you can now move the point/signal settings box around the window

● In design mode you can now move the loco detection

settings box around the window

● Networking of PCs: RailMaster now supports up to eight additional PCs running the software linking to a Master Terminal (the one with the DCC controller connected) to allow better control of larger layouts by allowing

operators to control certain parts of the layout as well as their own fleet of locos. Access to point and loco controlled can be selectively denied on slave PCs.

● The polarity of points and signals can now be reversed in design mode, saving having

to swap wires around

● A new function has been added to the CVs window to allow the writing of 4 digit (actually IDs above 99) loco addresses in one operation

● In the large loco controller pop-up window you can now directly select a loco by

its ID by just tapping on the ID box and keying in the ID

● When updating route settings on the main screen flashing of the blue direction indicators has been reduced (this was only apparent on very slow, older PCs or low-powered netbook type PCs)

When test-running programs in the programming window flashing program lines has been reduced (this was only apparent on very slow, older PCs or low-powered netbook type PCs)

● The PDF guides have been updated for all of the above

● You can now

press the delete keyboard key to remove track elements in design mode

● You can suppress the confirm delete message in dialog mode (RailMaster.ini file)

● The bottom clock/logo area is reduced so that the track plan, control area is now larger

Support for up to 26 loco functions (requires version 1.4 Elite firmware update)

● Scrollable (by dragging vertically) loco function buttons in pop-up loco controller to show up to 26 loco functions on-screen

● Operating screen facelift: larger

buttons for easier touch-screen operation, graphical buttons. If you prefer the original look of loco control buttons you can edit the railmaster.ini file in the program files, railmaster folder with the line "Classic Buttons=1".

● Select button (locos

list) now enabled no matter how few locos are installed

● The RailMaster clock can now be set to any time desired (double-click on it and type in the time)

● The RailMaster clock can be set to run at scale speed or normal speed (e.g. OO gauge,

76 times faster)

● New floating programmable keys function allowing single click selection of locos, setting routes and playing sound files. Accessed by double-clicking the Hornby logo at the bottom of the screen.

● Improved handling of KPH speeds

for continental modellers including entry of own loco speed factors in KPH

● Up to 100 programs can be set to run at a specific time (new button to the left of clock)

● Design grid row and column numbers to aid overall positioning of elements

All Hornby Collectors Club locos added going back to 1998

Wow what a reply I have been waiting to update my elite with all the problems other people have been having. I shall however have a go tomorrow.

I am most interested in the points wiring

as mine are so mixed.

Where did you get your copy?

Answers from this forum still amaze me

Railmaster loads the update under c:/ Program Files/Railmaster. If you open this up and scroll down you will see a file called release notes which can be opened by notepad or wordpad - in here are the list of the changes that have been neatly arranged

by LMSTim

If you open the file Railmaster configuration settings ( the one above release notes) you will see the parameters for the ini file. If you want to change the file then you will have to have access permission set for your user account to say,

for example, remove the tortus and hare!

Tipper speed=80
Tipper timer=86.4
Turntable speed=40
Turntable timer=23.56
Points timer=0.75
Conveyor speed=65
TCP start port=30
Check serial ports=1
Show upgrade button=0
Allow deactivate=1
Use

default curves=1
Polling time=1
Confirm delete=1
Classic buttons=1

As LMSTim says, you need to set Classic buttons=1 to go back to the Shunt/Cruise view ( which I prefer)

I must say the new buttons threw me a little! But once logic kicks in I see where they are coming from... however, the icons could have been a little better chosen... like an engine with apparent slow motion and maybe two small arcs beside it, the shunt

with maybe four etc. Still, if, as some of you have said, you don't like these it is simple enough to change them back.

Is anyone finding this new version a little sluggish to respond? Like not stopping engines when the slider is dragged to the bottom?

Or not deleting engines from a created list for example...? Also when designing a layout some odd little pieces of graphic may just be floating around the design area when saved? Most odd!

I was at Digitrains yesterday and updated the Elite and RailMaster software they have on the demo layout.

I did point out the Tortoise and Hare symbol, they are quite used to this as some of the other DCC system manufactures use the same symbols.

Once

you get used to it, it's not actually too bad.
It funny you get used to it quickly and don't really notice them.

Yes I did notice the floating graphics, it happens more if I change the start up layout, to a different one.

Cheers

Ian

Archived