Three Way Point Issues

AM

Having studied your screen shots closely. I favour my configuration permutation 5 of 8 as being the one most likely to resolve the synchronisation error.

This assumes that points 81 and 83 do not currently have the reverse point check box ticked.

Just an observation, and I haven't been back through the detail of previous posts to see if this is already covered but, you keep saying the direction arrows are wrong (with respect to the physical point).  While this is clearly correct, it is also the case that the direction is correct wrt the direction the point is set by which button is lit on the point icon.  So it's not just the blue direction indicators, it's the whole point icon is opposite to the physical point.  Which makes it very clear why the advice is about reversing wiring or point direction in your setup.

Chris,

Good news! I found a permutation that pretty much works. First, I tried Permutations 5 - 8 based on your hunch. That resulted in all manner of bizarre results. Next, I tried Permutation 1 - success, albeit a slight fudge. For the left-to-right 3-way the left-most point is the left turnout but shown as right on the mimic diagram, and vice versa for the right point. No matter - straight through is correctly shown and left and right turnouts are properly indicated even if not quite in the right place. Good enough; problem solved.

Thanks for your persistence. I think I would have given up a while back and lived with the problem had it not been for you.

AM

What about saving your track plan as a copy with a new name, so that you can experiment with it, but still have the current one to revert back to.

You could then redraw the track plan so that the screen point symbols match the actual layout, then run through the eight permutations again to find the one that matches the redrawn plan. I'm convinced one of them will.

If that turns out a complete disaster, then you can always revert back to the original (current) track plan.

Glad to hear that the perseverance is slowly getting there. With "there" being a 100% satisfactory solution conclusion (currently only 90% there).

Archived