Reinstalling RM Problems

Hello all, hope someone can help me. The laptop I've been using linked to my e-link failed on Sunday, it no longer recognises an opeating system. I've dug an old Vista laptop out and downloaded RM on to it. I've set it to run as administrator and have got confirmation from Hornby that my security code has been transferred. So far so good but I've got a problem installing the driver for the elink. The box headed Driver Software Instalation reads "Installing device driver software. CDC RS-232 Emulation Demo. Pending... It's been like this since yesterday and the progress bar doesn't move.

Is there a way I can download the CDC RS-232 Emulation Demo from the net? I've found a site with it on, does it matter where it comes from?

I'll be glad of any response!

Yours Mike

Just for reference, the Vista / XP drivers are downloadable from this very Hornby website. They are contained within the Elite Firmware Update ZIP file.

eLink and Elite use the SAME drivers. They are also (as you found out) installed in a Driver folder on your PC as part of the RailMaster installation.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/downloads/view/index/cat/9/

And while the hard drive on your old laptop may not run the operating system, if you remove it and put it in a USB external drive case, you may be able to get access to all of your data files, locos, track plans and programs, and any other data there.

Archived