AMG Javelin PCR

Scalyone

I recently bought the new Javelin PCR car and thought it would be killer to race my mates older American classic,s .But have since found that Im getting killed in the handling department by the older siderwinder set up cars because they can run 2 magnets.Opened up the Javelin and low and behold only space for 1 magnet.Next thought was "well i,ll just get a slot it Pro chassis" well the isnt one on the shapeways web site .so is it comming soon and if so how long?

Before you do that, check out using aftermarket tires (if allowed) and make sure they are trued and sanded.

A little oil on the bearings might help as well.

Some people even lower the car a mm or 2 to lower the center of gravity.

Most also fold the braids so that they point backwards and "trail" the guide blade thus letting the guide blade sit deeper in the slot.

It may suffice to put in a stronger magnet. Pendles and Scalextric car co.uk might have some.

Finally, you can of course drill holes in the chassis and pop in magnets. This is easiest if the magnets are round.

It also give you more options on where to place the magnets, for example some adhere to the school of "no magnet on straights but more in the corners" i.e. they put round magnets in so that the edge of the magnet is just barely over a rail and the rest is on the outside. That way when a car goes into a corner it gets more traction in the corners where you need it....

it is all theory of course and very dependent on how you race and where...

Archived