Airfix - What's your Latest Acquisition?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So my latest acquisitions......

• Revell P51 D 5NA early version 1/32
  • Airfix Walrus Silver Wings 1/48
  • Airfix Sea Hurricane 1/48
  • Revell Handley Page Halifax 1/72
  • Revell Boeing B17 G 1/72
  • Airfix Paul Boulton Defiant 1/48
  • Airfix Bristol blenheim 1/48 
  • Revell Lancaster 1/72
  • Revell Dambuster 1/72
  • Airfix Dambuster 1/72

That's it for now.

The grey figures that came in the bag and the brown figures that came in the box, are they used?

Can these actually be clased as an plastic kit?

All of them are second hand. Sometimes what I want is no longer in production so second hand is the only option. The Prussians were advertised as 300 pieces but I guessed there were six sets, a few short of 300. The price was right so I bought them. Do I class them as kits? No, but they are Airfix and I grew up fighting with Airfix's little men. 

Hi Ratch.

I echo GNR Gordon's request. I always look at your small figure painting and I'm always impressed at the level of detail you manage to get in such small figures, even though I don't always comment. All I can say is you must have very good eye sight, a very steady hand and the patience of Job. Painting that many small figures would drive me up the wall, even just thinking abouit it makes me shiver.

So well done on your Waterloo set and keep them coming.

Remember we do this for fun                                John the Pom

In an attempt to move this thread back on track (no pun intended Trainiacs)

Thursday

...Airfix P-51D starter 

...Airfix Airborne Jeep starter

Saturday 

...Airfix F2B 'Special Edition' 

...Revell Fairey Gannet T5

Sunday 

...Airfix Airborne Jeep x2

6 in 4 days - well it is approaching Xmas!

And so many Jeeps? I'm planning a 'same but different' trio. 

Hi Leone

You must like Braille scale armour, good-on-yeah. I'm interested in what you make of the venerable Bristol F2 B, I made this kit at the start of this year (See my post Making some Old Dogs) Are you going to try the rigging? Ratch also made this kit a few months back. If you fancy a challenge try the Roden version, I've just finished that one as a nightfighter, took me 3 weeks.

Looking forwards to seeing the results, and keep them coming.

Remember we  do this for fun                                 John the Pom

P.S.  Have a Merry Christmas.                    JtP

Hi Leone

You must like Braille scale armour, good-on-yeah. I'm interested in what you make of the venerable Bristol F2 B, I made this kit at the start of this year (See my post Making some Old Dogs) Are you going to try the rigging? Ratch also made this kit a few months back. If you fancy a challenge try the Roden version, I've just finished that one as a nightfighter, took me 3 weeks.

Looking forwards to seeing the results, and keep them coming.

Remember we  do this for fun                                 John the Pom

P.S.  Have a Merry Christmas.                    JtP

I've got a small but growing collection of 1/72 vehicles which make a nice change of pace and a different challenge from the usual 1/72 aircraft or 1/35 AFVs that dominate my shelves. I add them if happen to stumble across a cheap box on my travels and hide them away for those days when lack of mojo might be fighting the urge to start a more complex build. 

Built the Airfix F2B years ago, complete with rigging and a little extra detail. Was so happy to find another after a long gap. However its in the very pretty Special Edition box and I'm reluctant to anything more than fondle the cardboard (much as with the Sopwith Pup I bought a week earlier). Will keep my eye out for another though which might actually make it to the bench...maybe.

What I want to find is a DH Moth so I can do a minor mod and paint in alternative markings. Typical they have disappeared from my local sellers in the last few months. One day...

Hi LeonF

Glad you like the smaller scale AFV's & soft-skins if you see any of the old ESCI kits don't hesitate but snap them up you might be very surprised especially as they're no over 25 or more years old. Also have you tried any Roden army stuff, more challenging than Airfix but a much gtreater range.

Remember we do this for fun                           John the Pom