Porsche 911 sticking problem

Red5

Hi, I have six digital cars and two of them are Porsche 911's. The other cars all work fine, but the Porsches tend to stick on inclines and declines a lot. I have now narrowed it down to the small bump on the underside between to two rear wheels, I'm guessing there is a cog there or something. The other cars don't have that bump and the Porsche i have used the most has a lot of scrape marks on it at that point. I'm thinking of sanding down the bump a bit. How far can I go or is there a better solution for the problem?

Can't think why that would affect the car on the downhill runs but not on the flats.

Could it be that the braids (pick-ups) are losing contact as they hit the inclines? If they spark there's a chance the digital signals will be interrupted. Try bending them outwards a little - and it might help to make sure they're clean and not too fuzzy.

99% of the time the problem is the braids. The need to be slightly bent down on the ends and I usually twist them towards the outside slightly. It could also be a small bit of rust on that spot.

To test your bump theory you could put a put of water soluble ink on the bottom and see if it rubs of (you can then use a washcloth to clean it).

Thanks guys, will try the braids. Neither have been run very much as they're both quite new and with four other cars that don't stick I've been using them. It could be that bump at the bottom makes them both a bit more sensitive to the braids being slightly off. Can double check that with the ink.

Cheers!

Archived