Name that car & |Grannies in wheelchairs

wilfy100

Hi,

I paid a visit to the excellent A1 slot Cars (aka Roger Barker slots) near Newark today. I came back with quite an assortment of treasure including the large scale Porsche. Could anyone suggest what make this is as it has no markings underneath. I think it might just about run on scalextric track possibly, but if not it will go into the display collection anyway. You can see how big it is compared to the scalextric Porsche turbo. A car boot find was the Grannies in wheelchairs, I got the complete set for £3 including track and controllers. The controllers have two AAA batteries so they are 3 volt. I think they will run on scalextric track if I solder in a resistor to sort out the voltage. The underside is sufficiently scalextric like that it should be ok on the track. The sections of track are my attempt to build a bridge, obviously the back section attaches to the front. It works as long as I make sure the join in the middle is level, if there is a rigde then the cars bottom out on it. Also long wheelbase cars can be a problem because the front or back of the car can catch on the dished part of the track. It was relatively easy to bend the track but care must be taken to ensure the metal strip does not buckle and block the slot. Anyway if anyone has any info on the big Porsche then would they mind letting me know please.

Cheers Wilf/media/tinymce_upload/f3bb75d623a7d58447830ad58bb64c92.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/e728ed9231c795dc91bece0aa08c7e06.JPG

I wrote a lengthy response, had to leave my desk and when I hit reply it dissappeared! So here is my second try:

The grannis are Artin/Cartonic likely about 7.5 volts. The can be made to work using resiitors/diodes:

http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=158274&hl=

Or by putting in a scalextric motor.

Out of the box they cause interference with ARC ONE and ARC AIR if you are inclined to use them...

They are VERY top heavy and you can't go that fast with them.

The track is likely a "suitcase set" from Artin/Cartronic/Good play... small, 1/43 scale, ot realy useful for anything but displaying cars.

The Porsche is likely a 1/24 scale. Possible Cartronic or Carrera. A picture of the underside would help.

Archived