ADS2-fx shorting

Hi, have an issue of shorting when locos run through crossover, loco shorts out on 1 turnout , i have the 2 turnouts at the crossover wired into an ADS2-fx at 1 port, the switching works fine on both turnouts.

1) is it correct to wire both the frogs( electrofrogs) into the polarity  ports? as per the solenoids or  

2) should i change one set of frog wires , , would this an issue with the accesory decoder?

Also how can i correct the grey line indicator on Railmaster to show correct alinement on screen ?

Using E LInk & Railmaster

Thank you for any advice 

David T 

Hello David,

Are you saying that both of the points are controlled by one port in the ADS2 and that you have both frogs wired to the same polarity switching terminal? If so, I don't think this will work and I'm surprised you don't get a short as soon as the points are switched. If you think about it, the frogs should always be opposite polarities to each other. Take the example of when the points are set for the train to "cross-over". During this operation, the wheels on the left of the train will run through one frog, but it will be the wheels on the right side of the train which will go through the other frog. So you can't have one wire from the centre ADS polarity terminal going to both frogs. I think the only way to do it is to use a separate port on the ADS2 for each point.

As far as the grey indicator line is concerned, are you saying it is not showing the correct direction to the red or green button you pressed? Or maybe you just need to swap the outside pair of wires which come from the point motor to the solenoid terminals on the decoder?

Ray

As you say you have both turnout motors wired to one port and these switch OK then I presume you have set both points in RM to that same address and that one point shows straight whilst the other shows turn despite both points actually being matched straight and turnout.

To get the indicator line to synchronise then you need to click reverse on one point setup box and swap the motor wires over on that motor. This will correct the logic of the indicator line and alter the motor logic to match.

Rob

Archived