DCC POINT MOTOR WITH LIGHT & OR DAPOL simple

i stand by posting here since this is where I want to end up and important to ensure I get the right foundation.   Currently using Hornby elite.

About to expand my dcc layout to my dream layout as we commence building our dream house.  

So I want to get this right and step up from having a playful rail master layout to something a bit more real and once I have it right I will retrofit the rest of the layout currently just manual points but it is fun swinging a lever in the yard to really feel like your doing this for real.

point motor which one?

want simplicity point blank easy to wire. Similar to tortoise above or under don't mind. 

Reliability

easy to connect to red / green leds in the signals or movement with semaphore. 

Ability to interconnect and also control with rail master.  EASILY

like everything 10 years on (2017-2027) probably be plug and play wireless etc but right now I need something   Probably only need 6-10 at the momeant price not important just want to get this right?  

Ummed and ahhed regarding block detection but not really relevant

will also need remote uncoupling too so again:

What  are all you using?  That works well.

To give the most flexibility in options i.e wiring into signals as well to synchronise them to point positions or potentially point position indicators. You ideally need a point motor with built in switch contacts. You also say you want a slow action point motor similar to a Tortoise. And something that is easy to wire up.

I suggest you look at 'DCC Concepts IP digital'. These are slow action point motors with two changeover contacts (one of the two contact sets can only be used for electrofrogs) plus they have the DCC decoder built into them (therefore you don't need additional separate accessory decoders). Since the DCC decoder is built in, the wiring is simplified as they just connect to a two wire DCC BUS and no additional point wiring is required between decoder and point. They are also self learning, so need minimal setting up with your Elite controller. Totally compatible with Hornby kit including RailMaster, there are many posts on this forum of members using these point motors and their positive experiences.

• 1 year later...

Glacial

frame just went up so still atleast 12 months until  we get started and still researching this. IP seems the way to go at the mo just surprised Hornby have not grabbed this by the horns they make all  right parts and putting it all  just seems like something is missing. I got some wonderful locos and coaches for Christmas and a busting to get started.  Have commenced track planning and looks like peco code 100 will be track of choice unless there is something better for the plug and play ability?   ta

With the exception of updates to RM and the introduction of TTS, Hornby have steadfastly refused to introduce/update anything DCC since eLink some years back.  They even had the 8247 out of production for 12 months and brought it back unchanged when it was clearly an “old” product when stock first ran out.  Would seem to be a symptom of their financial woes, not sure whether partly cause, or effect. 

Archived