Unusual coaches

Clownfish01

Hi all

Although I understand that producing rtr versions of unusual coaches is risky, can people think of any that could be produced by hornby?

I personally think that the gwr slip coaches might be good, as they were widely used by expresses.

Your thoughts please?

The LNER Dynamometer Car (which is being done expensively elsewhere) is one suggestion.

The SR inspection saloon 'Caroline' is another.

A few of the Derby Research Test cars make unusual subjects, some like 'Mentor' have pantographs and the blue and red livery is striking.

The Royal train carriages would also make unusual subjects, Hornby has already done the 1970s  Mark 3s but the 1941 LMS Royal Train and the BR additions would bring this back into the steam age.

Probably much more important than all  these would be catering cars for the GWR, SR and LMSR (Hornby already do a LNER buffet car but The ex Airfix LMSR 12 wheeler is getting a bit dated.). These are much more important and would sell much more than the rest. A BR Mark 1 catering car, especially one type not already made by Bachmann would be useful.

The royal train especially the two 12 wheelers LNWR pullmans would be very expensive considering the detail needed. But will worth it.  I did have the Autocad drawing s also which support coaches LNWR or LMS or BR.

Were too start! So many to pick from. There's a whole in pre world war 2. GWR mainline stock but there more knowledgeable people in GWR. However how about 57' LNWR stock would work on the LWNR lines later LMS. And in the BR period they moved to the western Region. So Birmingham to Wales. 

• 3 months later...

Archived