Strange occurrence

Earlier today when I selected a loco to move (No16) two other locos also moved in unison (No30 & 120) with it! When I tested the light function on these locos(30 & 120) the lights could be turned on/off but the direction lighting did not work and the two locos would not move when addressed.

Placing the locos on the programming track both showed the expected loco i.d.30 & 120.

I then rewrote the i.d.s to the chip/s and then they both worked as normal when placed back on the main line.

Strange thing to happen I thought, so has anyone else experienced this problem or variation of of it and why did it happen?

?

Windows 10 laptop, Elite controller.

Hi,

Were you using Railmaster to do all this or Elite only? At any time during this, did you do a Unit Reset on your Elite?

Ray

I am using Railmaster and I had only been running locos and not playing with the programming n anyway. All other locos were working fine until I selected No16!

Hello Ray,

When it first occurred I shutdown Railmaster,Elite and the laptop so everything rebooted fresh but the problem still existed. I have not used the consist function for a long time and certainly not with the locos involved.

I have as I said already sorted the problem locos by re programming them, I just cannot imagine what might have occurred to cause this issue.

Archived