Disapearing CV's

stuart_mclean

Hi Guys. can anyne tell how what caused all the sound cv's on TTS chip to disapear. All  CV's from 160 to 177 have gone. it was a new chip worked well when it came out the packet, I extended the speaker so it could fit in the tender, it tested ok , I replaced the body put it on the track and the sound lasted for about 10seconds and stopped. reading the CV in railmaster all the sound cv have gone. can I get them back?

First off - what controller are you using?

Second - although Hornby haven't said so, there seems to have been a bad batch of decoders released, with faulty sound amplifiers.

-

Have you tried a factory reset of the decoder? If that doesn't fix it, all you can do is send it back to Hornby and ask them to test it. Hopefully if it is the chip at fault, they'll send a replacement.

What exactly do you mean by saying all of the CVs have gone?  Do you mean you get no value when you try to read them?  Or do you mean the list of functions have disappeared from the loco when you call it up in RM? 

Particularly if if the latter, but in either case, delete the loco from your loco roster, download and install the very latest version of RM from the link at the top of this forum, then call up and install the loco in your roster using the correct R number for your TTS loco (or if installing a chip bought separately into a loco other than the intended loco, first call up the intended loco by R number to get the correct functions then edit to get your correct loco description and photo).

If the sound now works, you’ve solved the problem. If it doesn’t, then dud decoder will be most likely.

Two things in RM

1. Does RM pickup up in CVs 7 & 8 that this is a TTS decoder. If so it will load the TTS CV set to reaad.

2. At the top of the read box do you have the full range of CVs set as RM will only read the range you ask it to - e.g. 1 - 10 or 1 - 255 or 1 - 1024, etc.

Rob

Archived